Recent content by Age28March2022

  1. Age28March2022

    Hemi-Arthroplasty Lateral pelvic tilt and real LLD (7mm)

    Hi everyone. Just had my annual check up last week and all is good judging by the X ray with just a little bit of permanent LLD. I don't feel pain anymore, it's just that I can feel some tightness around my hip most of the times during walking. It looks swollen with the scar area being...
  2. Age28March2022

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip Pinning Recovery Advice

    @evangelinaleon What Deb said above is correct. I have no lifestyle restriction after my surgery. Yes I can go back to skiing but I will be careful as I am afraid of falling again.
  3. Age28March2022

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip Pinning Recovery Advice

    @evangelinaleon Do both of your legs have equal length now after THR? After the pinning surgery my leg was equal in length but my femoral neck was slowly reducing in length over time as it was deteriorating. My pinning leg was 17mm shorter than my good leg right before my hip replacement...
  4. Age28March2022

    Hemi-Arthroplasty Lateral pelvic tilt and real LLD (7mm)

    Thanks @Jaycey I was about to start jogging and do more activities and glad I didn't. I actually traveled overseas last month so I had been walking a lot the past month. Say if the swelling is gone in the next few weeks/months, can I safely go back to those activities without having this...
  5. Age28March2022

    Hemi-Arthroplasty Lateral pelvic tilt and real LLD (7mm)

    @Mojo333 Thanks for your response and it is great to hear that my swelling is not at my incision site which is good! Yes I have been walking a lot and I don't feel pain generally but sometimes I just feel sharp pain (that lasts 0.1 sec) when I move my leg certain way when I am sitting but I...
  6. Age28March2022

    Hemi-Arthroplasty Lateral pelvic tilt and real LLD (7mm)

    @Mojo333 I noticed my hip on the left was bulging out quite a bit more than my right side. It's really noticeable and I have uploaded pictures taken at 1 and 5.5 months post OP. Is this swelling? And is it normal? When I first had surgery my entire hip was swollen and my thigh looked really...
  7. Age28March2022

    Hemi-Arthroplasty Lateral pelvic tilt and real LLD (7mm)

    I am almost 6 months out from hip replacement surgery and I still have swelling. I will post the pictures soon. The swelling is around my incision area
  8. Age28March2022

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip Pinning Recovery Advice

    I just saw your post and noticed that you just had hip replacement last week. Yes I had to have partial hip replacement and it has been almost 6 months. Overall it has been great except that my OP leg is shorter than my good leg by about 6mm+ and I have to wear insole for life. And sometimes...
  9. Age28March2022

    THR Shin/Knee pain 5 Months post op THR

    Did you have your knee MRI-ed? Keep us updated.
  10. Age28March2022

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip Pinning Recovery Advice

    @evangelinaleon > I'm surprised you experienced that because your XRay looks much better compared to mine. Do you mean the x-ray of my pinning look better than yours or the severity of my injury? I assume you mean the former. The pinning x-ray picture I posted was right after my surgery. It...
  11. Age28March2022

    Hemi-Arthroplasty Lateral pelvic tilt and real LLD (7mm)

    Hi @Layla , thanks for checking in! In 2 days, I will be 16 weeks out from op. The good news is that I only have minimal pain and I can walk normally right now. I haven't tried running but I think I can if I wanted to. The thigh of my op leg is still slightly smaller than my good leg and I...
  12. Age28March2022

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip Pinning Recovery Advice

    Just to share my experience which is quite similar to yours. I had skiing accident in March last year and broke my femoral neck and had pinning as well, but the pain was still there even 1 year later even though the femoral neck has healed (but my leg has become 1cm+ shorter). X-ray and MRI...
  13. Age28March2022

    THR Best athletic shoes THR Recovery (Work/Back to Active Life)?

    I read a lot about sneakers and it seems like Adidas Ultraboost is the most comfortable shoes out there
Back
Top Bottom