In the end of January I had at least 2 medical appointments per day and was preparing for cancer surgery. Orthopedic surgeon also only admitted to there being a real cause for concern on Feb 3 (day before the cancer surgery), which would explain why I missed your emails. I guess the joke's on me...
Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I have actually been diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer shortly after my hip replacement as well and had surgeries for that 3 weeks ago. Since it was 2 surgeries back to back, the entire process took some time and I ended up...
Yes, can't wait for my next post-op visit with him, though even at the last visit he has been very evasive, trying to deflect the topic. He also no longer answers my emails. I am reminded of the difference with every step I want to take...
Glad to read that still using that walker is not...
Thank you for the well-wishes and kind responses.
I was able to complete a leg-length study today. The narrative shows that the difference has grown from 8mm to 1.5 cm. I thought it was going to get Smaller during recovery?
Well, that certainly explains why I'm still so unstable, I still need...
Another hedgehog here...
I came out of my hip replacement with substantial LLD. Now every time I try to take just a few steps at my home without the walker, I get severe back pain, left leg gets crampy, and an increasing array of other issues. I had this surgery to be able to be more active...
Yeah, that really seems to have been his calculus - that I'd eventually have to get the other hip done as well. However, in contrast to the knees my left hip is not bothering me at all at this time - but I'm afraid the current situation may hasten the issue. It may also prevent me from going...
So glad to hear that it will still move into place. If there is anything I can do to help the process along, I would sure like to know about it!
Over here, this LLD not only completely throws off my balance, now that I am trying very hard to get more active, it also causes intense shooting...
Happy Holidays
Thank you for your words of encouragement. Looking through this forum, I see so many threads asking about leg length difference. So it looks to me like this is not only a very common problem, but also one that is routinely Not mentioned to patients during pre-op. I mean, how...
1 month out is really only a very short amount of time.
Regarding your pain issues - I feel you, I've been there. Pain control after the first knee replacement was lousy and after the 2nd it was so bad in my case, I thought I'd rather die. Was taken a LOT of opioids as well, which did not seem...
It actually felt to me like I was sitting on the remote. I kept searching and searching for it, but of course it wasn't there. That issue has actually gotten much better these past few days. Surgeon adjusted my Lyrica dose to something higher and it seems to help a bit at night. Otherwise he was...
OMG that sounds terrible! I have just been left with a leg length discrepancy myself and find myself to be completely out of balance. Given your surgeon's reaction to what's happening with your implant right now, I think I'd gather my medical records and try to find another surgeon - preferably...
Thank you all!
I am definitely recovering and able to do many things I needed weeks for during my knee recovery - so quite hopeful at this stage. Leg length difference is still a bother when walking and when I sit down it feels like I am sitting on top of a hard box. Not sure whether that is...
Eman - that's a great point you make about the re-learning to walk during the winter months!
Shelleekat - I had ordered new winter booties from Orthofeet prior to my surgery. I am finding that the slip=on feature is a must for me and their shoes also come with arch support, which I find I need...
That's good to know, mendogal. I will definitely ask PT about it when they show up at my place tomorrow! If I can take care of this with some exercises, that would be great.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.