Recent content by aeknyc

  1. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Update on Dr. Michael B. Cross @ HSS. At his request, I dropped off my latest xrays, CT scans and evaluative reports from my earlier visits with Dr. Roshan Shah @ Columbia. Dr. Cross's assistant says that he refuses to see me, saying (based solely on the images and report I provided him) that he...
  2. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Jamie: Welcome back! I've set up an appointment in early January 2019 to meet with Dr. Marwin. I'll also drop a line to Craig Raucher to get his feedback (that's a great story he tells). HSS has gotten back to me on doctors there who might consider me for revision (so perhaps I'm entirely...
  3. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Thanks to all for your replies (and thank you, Pumpkin, for re-directing my email to the most effective thread. I'm still a little uncertain about how this post-op forum works). The name Nicholson has a familiar ring. He may have an affiliation here in NYC. I'll have to research that. I know...
  4. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Hello All: It's been a few months since my last posting in October (a congrats to a fellow member on her successful surgery and an update on my status - TKR of left knee, June 2016, now declared "unstable" by the doctor who did the THR of left hip in November 2017). Things have only gotten...
  5. aeknyc

    Bilateral TKR Non-Stop after Bilateral TKR

    Wow! Congrats, and a bow of respect for your determination and achievements. Where did you have the work done? I'm now looking into revision of my left TKR which, after only two years (and despite constant physical therapy and training) has now been declared "unstable." Recommendations...
  6. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Ah ... post code = zip code. My post code is 10014 (West Village here in Manhattan. Nice place to live, but ever since St. Vincent's closed, was torn down and turned into luxury condos we no longer have a hospital with intensive care capabilities nearby. Anything beyond low-to-mid-level...
  7. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Yes, I remember your suggestion, Celle. Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "post code"?
  8. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Hello all: Update on where things stand re: my knee revision (2nd year anniversary passed and still in discomfort with limited mobility). Saw my hip replacement doctor last month (see above for my earlier discussions with him regarding my TKR and his relationship with THAT surgeon). My hip...
  9. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Hello All: Been a while I know since my last posting. Caught Dr. Sinha's "custom made knee implants" on the Joint Replacement Day web conference. Sounded very interesting, but of little use to someone who's had TKR with post-op problems. Will keep it in mind though, as it may wind up being of...
  10. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    "Be sure and look for an OS that isn't connected at any way to your previous OS. Not even golf buddies! You want a brand new, fresh set of eyes to look at your knee." Very wise advice, and difficult to achieve, unless you look out of town for those "fresh set of eyes." As my hip replacement...
  11. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Thanks to all for your good words and sympathies. Revision may well be the solution to my constant knee pain, and I'm going to start researching surgeons who are particularly well-versed in that procedure. I'll keep you all posted.
  12. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    You've still missed my question ...... I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that? Last chance - if you don't respond to this call, I shall withdraw my offer of help. Sorry, Josephine...
  13. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Hello Josephine: The knee replacement was done on June 2, 2016 and the hip replacement was done on November 24, 2017 (the day after Thanksgiving here in the states; sorry for the stateside assumptions ;-) ). Feel free to ask me any questions you feel might be helpful in addressing questions I...
  14. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Hi Josephine: Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay; I'm finding this a very difficult website to navigate (and I'm fairly experienced in these matters). Both the hip and knee replacements were done on the left side: the knee in June 2016 and the hip over the Thanksgiving 2017...
  15. aeknyc

    TKR Continuing search for knee revision specialist in NYC

    Eighteen months post-op TKR, and still in pain, day thru night! Still holding onto the hand rail as I hobble up/down subway stairs. A former avid biker, hiker and martial arts devotee (which is probably what led me to TKR and, later, THR in the first place), I can now only walk for ten-twelve...
Back
Top Bottom