Recent content by AdamP1985

  1. A

    THR 35 year old, THR revision surgery recovery

    Jamie, Thanks, I do want you to know that I am not using one crutch yet. I have used it because my physical therapist said that I am doing so well, that I am ready. Then when I sent a video to my doc he said to stop that. I saw him a week ago, and he said that I can use one crutch now, but...
  2. A

    THR 35 year old, THR revision surgery recovery

    Well, I am supposed to be using two crutches still (I have an uncemented implant ceramic on ceramic), so the doctor said it is important to not put full weight on yet. So, I can walk easily and pain free while using crutches or one crutch. I know I am not supposed to be walking unassisted, but...
  3. A

    THR 35 year old, THR revision surgery recovery

    Good idea Djklaugh, I have been using the same gym shoes since my failed revision surgery. They might be favoring the limping pattern. I have a new pair of shoes that I have not worn yet, so I will change to them when I need to walk. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!
  4. A

    THR 35 year old, THR revision surgery recovery

    Hi Going4fun, Thanks so much for your wisdom, and advice. I am using two crutches when I have to walk any type of distance that is further from the bathroom or to the fridge. Otherwise, I just use one crutch. My doctor said that I can start to use just one crutch (he said that this will be...
  5. A

    THR 35 year old, THR revision surgery recovery

    Salamat sir :-) Thank you for the advice about the PT, and the encouraging words. I will make sure to tone down on all the PT exercises and make sure that I focus on walking correctly. Right now I can tell when I walk I am leaning to my left. This could also be because I waited 2.5 months...
  6. A

    THR 35 year old, THR revision surgery recovery

    Thanks Layla, You are the first person that has told me to stop doing things that are painful. I was trying to force myself to do these excruciating exercises, because I thought it was going to help. My therapist actually seemed to be really bad a forming a program for me. I told him that I...
  7. A

    THR 35 year old, THR revision surgery recovery

    Hi guys, I am new here, but have been reading the posts since December. They have been very uplifting and informative. I am posting because I am disheartened and worried about my recovery thus far. I am a 35 year old active male with no previous health issues before my initial left hip...
Back
Top Bottom