Recent content by Abbylayla

  1. A

    TKR PT Failure

    @Shea Oh yeah! All that ice does make you chilly to say the least! Ha!
  2. A

    THR Feeling discouraged

    @Victorialast Don't let anyone tell you where you should be when in your recovery. Everyone is different. Some, like yourself & me too have additional challenges that make rehab harder than the "norm". Don't let their negativity get to you because that will absolutely prolong your healing. Work...
  3. A

    TKR PT Failure

    Hi @Shea I haven't been around in a while but just want to let you know that my personal experience is PT is not all it's cracked up to be. Not all the time. And a WHOLE lot depends on your therapist. There's a lot of lousy ones out there. I had a right TKR in 2020. I came out of surgery with a...
  4. A

    THR Incision site burning

    I had some burning around the incision for a little bit. Couple of weeks maybe. The inching though is what drove me crazy.
  5. A

    THR Why so much pain after THR 2/2

    Everyone heals differently. I had posterior in October. I had very minimal pain. But I also know people who struggled. Everyone is different. Don't let anyone make you feel like you should be in a place your bodies not ready for. You know your body better than anyone. Go at your own pace!
  6. A

    THR L THR 2/2 and the road home

    Hey @asburymike Jersey girl here, living in Rockland County NY. Also a LHR posterior approach. Petrified before surgery. Bonesmart really helped me build courage to schedule surgery. Afterwards, maybe a week or so of "why did I do this", mostly because I was afraid of dislocation. Once I...
  7. A

    THR right hip replacement problems

    What an outrageous experience!! I'm so sorry to hear your going through this. Reading your post and hearing about your pain made me cringe. I hope your new surgeon will be able to turn this around for you. I had my left hip replaced in October 23. My surgeon used Mako Robotic. From the minute I...
  8. A

    THR 6 Months later...

    Interesting how the body works. One thing hurts then turns out to be something totally different that causes the pain.
  9. A

    THR Recovery

    Hip replacement recovery is definitely different for each of us. From what I've learned on Bonesmart, for those who've had both replaced they often have different recovery experiences between the two. Having said that, my left hip replacement was very uneventful & I'd go so far as to say easy...
  10. A

    THR 6 Months later...

    Interestingly, before my left hip replacement my left knee bothered me & I was afraid that too would need to be replaced. My right knee, which I had replaced in 2020 was solid with no pain.0 now, almost 5 months post op, my replaced hip doesn't hurt at all. My left knee now does not hurt at all...
  11. A

    THR 3 months in to a THR

    Even though you feel 100% your really not. Still have lots of healing to do but these hips are deceiving. I too felt 100% healed at 3 months....until I got overzealous. Then the hip would send a reminder. Of course I'd "forget" & do it again. Lol Just take it a little easier. I'm pushing 5...
  12. A

    THR MAKO THR scheduled for February 2023

    I had Mako Robotic with the Stryker hip. I think few have been more frightened of this surgery than me. It was a waste of energy. Surgery went perfectly and the hip has fantastic rotation totally pain free. Mako gives the surgeon precision placement. My surgeon thinks it's the best thing since...
  13. A

    THR Pants

    I had to stop meloxicam just for my surgery and one month after. Then I was allowed to go back on it but I chose not to. I take an Advil now & then but don't want to be on the stronger meloxicam daily anymore
  14. A

    THR Week 3 exhaustion

    The fatigue is definitely not a fun result of major surgery. With my knee replacement it seemed to last forever. At least a couple of months to varying degrees. But with my hip it wasn't nearly as bad. But however long it lasts it's a small price to pay for the end result. At some point your...
  15. A

    THR Two years of building the courage, finally on the other side!

    Thank you Layla. Trying to get used to my new normal of only one dog. Starting to walk a few steps without crutches! Using weights on a few exercises. Working on the "guest list" I'll invite to the day I throw these crutches into a barrel fire! Lol
Back
Top Bottom