Recent content by abbie1

  1. A

    TKR My new knee<

    my knee is moderate rom is 40 when sitting cannot bend knee back in towards my self, i have no pain in my knee at all ,i elevate my knee everyday, the swelling goes down but always comes back, i stopped icing as told by dr i think it was liasions or something he said and i would always have...
  2. A

    TKR My new knee<

    yes tkr was done on 3/1/2015 thank you but have been in a dark place recently and now got myself together
  3. A

    TKR My new knee<

    Had TKR in January 2016 but still cannot bend knee. I have followed all advice given rest, ice, swimming etc. All I get is excuses from consultants who I have seen 6-7 times telling me how ligaments have tightened and there is no resolution as it sometimes happens. Does anyone know anything...
  4. A

    TKR My new knee<

    I've been elevating my knee on three pillows and putting ice on every two hours for between 40-60 mins while elevating doing moderate exercise now - stair lunges 10 reps -skate board -5 fast 5 slow - reps knee press 5 reps knee bend with towel all twice a day rest every other day do 10 min...
  5. A

    TKR My new knee<

    very frustrating when you have been active all your life but just try and have pma and keep going
  6. A

    TKR My new knee<

    Hi all, been following new advice and took a rest for a few days. I felt a lot better with great advice from you all. I have now started exercises as advised but knee feels tight and swelling seems to be going up and down from 40cm to 43cm around knee. I ice every 2hrs from between 40mins to an...
  7. A

    TKR My new knee<

    thanks' ref getting lots of good advice
  8. A

    TKR My new knee<

    Thank you all for advice. My knee history is a s follows: in 2008 I had a knee ligament operation were they lasered into the soft tissue of my knee during surgery. As you may know recovery for this kind of op is normally about 6-8 weeks But after 6 months I still had trouble walking and was...
  9. A

    TKR My new knee<

    sorry Susanne oops
  10. A

    TKR My new knee<

    Thanks for advice Suzanne
  11. A

    TKR My new knee<

    Cheers Celle Will certainly be doing more ice also still do not get full nights sleep when i move i wake up always about 4am ,i put pillow between knees but does not help Abbie1
  12. A

    TKR My new knee<

    Hi Josephine - I have built these exercises up, but inside last 4 weeks has been very intense, my physiotherapist gave these instructions to me. Knee bend is 80% but can push it back to 90 degrees but then returns to 8. My straightness is about 40-50mm off the ground when sitting on floor...
  13. A

    TKR My new knee<

    Thanks Maggie I thought as much when doing all these exercises as took about 40 minutes per session will take your advice Cheers Abbie1
  14. A

    TKR My new knee<

    Had new knee on Jan 6th. Have been doing everything I have been told to do, exercise, walk and gym but swelling does not seem to be going down. Goes up and down like a lift. May be doing too much I think looking for advice. I do exercises 3-4 times daily, routine as follows 20 reps at a time...
Back
Top Bottom