Recent content by 51desoto

  1. 51desoto

    THR Hip number 2

    I meant to say after "two month"
  2. 51desoto

    THR Hip number 2

    I was thinking I should post an update after two weeks. Even though each person and each procedure are unique, I looked back at my first THR from 6 years ago to see if I was having similar luck. Both were anterior surgeries, but the second prosthesis is a little shorter than the first. Even...
  3. 51desoto

    THR Hip number 2

    23 days after surgery and thought I would check in. The value of PT has discussed by many, and I am strongly in favor of it. I had home and outside PT six years ago with my first hip replacement, and I have had home PT this time. My one month check up is next Tuesday and hope I will be...
  4. 51desoto

    THR Hip number 2

    9 days after surgery and getting stronger. I'm still hoping to get away from the Vicodin a little at a time. I graduated from the walker to the cane, except for my nightly bathroom visits about every two hours. I think I spoke too early about the reduced swelling a couple of days ago. It is...
  5. 51desoto

    THR lotusbuds' recovery thread

    Before the surgery you were getting worse and that would continue. After surgery you are getting better. There may be set backs but you are improving. I don't give my prosthetic right hip any thought unless I am at the airport. I am using this to help me with my new left hip.
  6. 51desoto

    THR Hip number 2

    I am interested in what pain med schedules others have used. I am one week in and I really do not like what the Vicodin does to me. Dry mouth from time to time, constipation that I think I am getting under control, foggy brain, and fatigue. I know their are limits on Tylenol, which included...
  7. 51desoto

    THR Hip number 2

    Good news can come in minor ways when recuperating. The constipation is behind me, so to speak, and thank you for the tips. It is day 6, and I can tell my body is starting to recover in baby steps; a little more appetite, a little less foggy brain, a little better movement. Swelling seems to...
  8. 51desoto

    THR Hip number 2

    I got tired of sitting around feeling like a slug and decided to check in. PT only takes a few minutes and gliding around the house with my new walker only has limited appeal on the tenth trip. LTHR anterior on Tuesday. When I had the other hip replaced in 2013, I kept track of progress and...
  9. 51desoto

    Time for hip number two

    Nice to hear the encouragement from other double hippies. Like some others, I pulled the trigger quicker on the second hip, because I can't see any advantage in being in pain for months or years. There is less anxiety than the first time, but it is still a big deal. There are parts of the day...
  10. 51desoto

    Time for hip number two

    After almost 6 years it is time to get another new hip. Surgery is scheduled for February 26. My right hip was replaced in May 2013, and I could not be happier with the results. Like many here I knew I would need a new left hip and the time is now. I'm using the same surgeon as before, and...
  11. 51desoto

    THR I'm now a hipster

    It seems we can't catch a break with the weather. Last year it was record heat and drought, and so far, this Spring has been cool, rain, and storms. It looks like more storms today and tomorrow, but I feel for the people of Oklahoma.
  12. 51desoto

    THR I'm now a hipster

    When I tried to decide to have the surgery, I looked to others to see how they progressed. Maybe my 4 weeks will give the next people an idea. Yesterday was 4 weeks and my first post op dr. appointment. The good; I have no restrictions (crossing legs, etc.). I can get in the pool, if it ever...
  13. 51desoto

    THR I'm now a hipster

    Leg lifts were the toughest last week. On my back, left knee bent at 45, right leg straight, lift right leg about 12 inches, slowly lower right leg I think this is a pretty common exercise for hip replacments. I was amazed, that one day I couldn't get the leg off the bed, and two days later...
  14. 51desoto

    THR I'm now a hipster

    The dermatologist said I have some kind of Psoraisis, and prescribed Clobestasol, which is a steroid cream. He said to stay off my back as much as possible, get some sun on the back, but don't sweat, which is pretty hard since we skipped Spring and went straight to Summer. the rash is already...
  15. 51desoto

    THR I'm now a hipster

    I'm going to my dermatologist today, because I can't stand the rash any longer. It is my first real journey since the surgery. I'm so excited.
Back
Top Bottom