Wow I've been doing some more reading on Ehlers-Danlos and many of the symptoms apply to me. I can do the finger movements and the stretchy skin. I can also see my veins and capillaries, always wondered why I didn't see them on others. I wake up with bruises. During my hospital stay for my hip...
@Josephine interesting info about ehlers-Danlos, makes since now why the physiatrist suggested that his physio team had the expertise to treat the shoulder and knee. He did mention that they were inherited, however never gave a name. He didn't think our 24 bed hospital would have qualified...
@Josephine, again thanks for all the replies. Looks like we have hips that just keep on giving. Between Jamie and I, we could have fun with all the metal in us and going through security!
I suspected you were going to say that the external rotation will eventually cause arthritis.
When I...
It's been a learning curve. Too bad they couldn't have combined the surgeries. Trying to get a 17 yr old to understand that healing takes time and to not break precautions is tiresome!
From what I read this will only delay a hip replacement for 20-30 yrs, it doesn't sound like much at age 17...
@Josephine i kindly appreciate your reply! Hopefully I'm in the right spot, since this is primarily a replacement site?
I'm glad to hear that walking is the best therapy. I must have given the wrong impression, no holiday. I left Jamie April 5 for 36 hrs alone. I wasn't able to convince him to...
This is the external rotation I was talking about. Dealing with hip issues is scary, when you don't have all the information. Jamie was born with hip dysplasia. The head of the femur was above the socket. He has had a femoral osteotomy at 22 months. He has pain when trying to get in correct...
@Josephine I've run into an issue that I could use some reliable information on.
My 17 yr old son had a PAO March 6, 2017. There were several post op issues with opioid pain meds and urinary retention. They never used a Foley catheter and my son received 10 straight catheterizations and was...
@baclectic Hi Barb and thank you, the first year was very rough both physically and mentally that included depression. Mainly because I couldn't get any straight answers and the rehab hospital was setting me up as a wheelchair user. I have CP and have led an active life which included riding...
@Jaycey Thank you everyone really helped me through a very awful time. I had no information from any source. I was home and couldn't go out due to ice and snow. Medical professionals didn't want to say anything. I learned a lot here and found support. I also learned from other people's stories...
Just to update this post for anyone who may find it. On my 1 year anniversary May 2016, every was like Christmas. Each week a different function would return. It started with turning over next week I could have a sit down bath. It was so joyous as I hadn't had one for 2 years. Next was bending...
Wow that is speaking volumes, almost forgetting pain meds, what a beautiful healing gift. Do make sure to take the pain meds, so it doesn't catch you unaware.
Merry Christmas @lillibet123 great news about the cane! Sounds like you're progressing nicely! I had a good laugh Re the nightgowns, sounds comfy. It's great to have the staples out. I hope you enjoy today!
@redduke, popping in to wish you the warmest of Christmas greetings. My wish for you is continued great recovery and no further dislocations. Give a hug to the pair of Dalmatians for me. My mom raised them when I was a kid. A very devoted breed. My your Christmas be filled with many blessings!
Wishing all the bone smart people a wondrous and pain free Christmas, filled with many goodies!
@Hip Hip Hooray!, yes it would be much more convenient to move back to Edmonton. I have been thinking of it since summer. It would take a lot of work to get the trailer ready for sale and then the...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.