I’m almost 3 months on my right and 4 on the left and yes it still hurts at night! I do a lot during the day as I went back to a crazy job at 6 weeks but for me it didn’t matter if I was active or not it hurts at night. Sometimes a pillow between the knees helps me and I take Tylenol pm and...
Hey @Kperform welcome, I too just read the message forums and never posted after my first TKR but did come out and post after my second! It was soooo nice to just read other people’s posts going through the same thing!
I backed away from my PT because they got too aggressive and it was just...
I’m glad you’re getting yours done! Who wants to be miserable during the best years of your life! Mine are recovering good, left is better than right obviously but the right is coming along! I gave up on therapy and seem to just be doing good on my own! If it could just go straight I would be...
I know I wonder how much the insurance would have saved with the two previous surgeries I’ve had in the last two years! Thankfully not 11 and hopefully won’t have 11 on my knees!
Hi DKM, I had both done less than 6 weeks apart! So far it’s not going too bad except maybe 2 weeks ago I was regretting it! Lol no two knees are the same that is such a true statement!!!! My first went amazing and that knee really stepped up when I had the second but boy the second has been...
His knee is great! I had him meet with my surgeon yesterday to see if it was fixed properly and healing well and we found out it’s perfect !!! He actually recommended removing the hardware at some point if it hurts him to kneel!
His range is perfect and his knee feels and looks great! It took...
Update on the cramp!
Apparently I had a large bakers cyst that ruptured and all the blood traveled down to the calf. Turned into Gel and is traveling down farther. He said the body won’t absorb it till it turns to a clay substance. I feel so much better now knowing this!
Now I have to do lot...
Hello, we are very close on our surgery dates! I about a week ago got pain under the knee cap and they think my knee cap isn’t tracking correctly. We are working on strengthening the hip and butt which will pull the knee better. All exercises are very easy and nothing my knee can’t handle.
As...
Thanks Josephine, I’ll try them. I woke up this morning and my whole calf and Achille's tendon was cramped! I see the doctor Thursday. I went to outpatient therapy first time yesterday. My extension sucked like I thought he helped lightly stretch it which I was ok with. After some therapy I was...
That sucks! I’m so glad mine were full relacements. Took me years to find a doc that would do mine at 41. Since 35 I kept hearing you have knees of a 70 year old but too young to do them!!
What are the doctors saying?
Hello, day 2 is really painful. And I remember day 5 being painful too not sure why! Definitely ice and more ice! I think day two for the 2nd knee they had to really drug me! The nerves are spazzing out and your tendons and muscles are stretched!!!
Hang in there it does get better!
i know sistersinhim I shouldn’t be frustrated at all but I’m hard on my self! I feel much better just relaxing an healing right now. This pain gets annoying but I think it’s the cold weather as my left is stiff and ache too!
Thanks, I haven’t used aspercreme in a long while. After 24 hours and 4 servings of coconut water the foot cramp is gone. Now the calf pain with the varicose veins developing those are painful! Is it possible those are happening due to the swelling?
Also, home therapy came out today and wasn’t...
Thanks, the doc sent me back to the ER to get scanned again and definitely no clot! I used to have to take magnesium a long time ago maybe I need to start! The cramping is getting annoying and so weird I didn’t have it in the left! I’m going to try an epson salt bath tonight too. Just keep the...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.