Recent content by 19Nell62

  1. 1

    TKR Knee infection

    Thank you, I wasn't sure how to link it to my other post.
  2. 1

    TKR Knee infection

    Hi. I had my 2nd TKR 2 weeks ago (10/11/21), staples out 3 days ago. Yesterday I developed a high temperature and shivers. Today I have woken up with a hot red knee and oozing from my incision. I can only presume this is infected. I am gutted. I have phoned the hospital where it was done and as...
  3. 1

    TKR Knee infection

    I had my second TKR yesterday - 12/11-21 (left side). Oh my goodness! I know you shouldn't compare, as no two knees are the same, but I'm in far more pain this time around. My RT knee was done in Feb this year, and now I realise how well I have come on from that. I have been out of bed this...
  4. 1

    TKR 19Nell62 Pre Op Journey

    Thank you for your replies. My surgery got cancelled as my surgeon had to take emergency compassionate leave. It has now been rescheduled to 12th November. This hasn't helped my mental state at all, I just want to get it over with. Now my first knee has decided to misbehave again with stiffness...
  5. 1

    TKR 19Nell62 Pre Op Journey

    Thank you. I couldn't work out how to post it.
  6. 1

    TKR 19Nell62 Pre Op Journey

    Hi there. I am due to have my second tkr (left side) on 6th October, 8-months after having my right knee done. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. I am not worried about the surgery, but the long painful slog and sleepless nights which will follow. I have recovered quite well from my first...
  7. 1

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Thanks bobcat931. I work in a hospital and have asked a few people, including physios. They've all come up with pretty much the same answer...give yourself more time to heal and for the inflammation to go down. Carry on with the stretching but don't over do it. Almost 6 months post op and it's...
  8. 1

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Hello again. I am now about 5 1/2 months post tkr (10/02/2021). Scheduled to have my other knee done in October. I'm not doing too bad I suppose, I still have tendon/calf discomfort/pinging and vice like tightness. I have good days and bad days. It is much worse when I'm at work. I am a medical...
  9. 1

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Oh thanks so much for the pep talk and the links, especially the Movie sign. It all makes more sense now. It's such a relief to know I don't need to try to fit a load of physio in as well as everything else.
  10. 1

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Ok, so at the risk of sounding a like a broken record, I am now almost 15 weeks post tkr (op...10th Feb). I am back at work and my god don't I know about it. I have a desk job and thankfully on phased return but I'm still constantly bothered by this clicking and pinging at the outside of my leg...
  11. 1

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Thank you so much for you reply. I am now at 10 weeks. Planning on returning to work in 2 weeks. Things have improved quite a bit. The clicking/pinging sensation is still there at times but is starting to get easier, especially when climbing the stairs. ROM is very good, despite the stiffness...
  12. 1

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Thank you. I hope you're going on ok. I saw my surgeon. He was annoyed that the physio even suggested a Baker's cyst. He said that it's just everything healing and still needs to settle. He put my mind at rest but the problem still persists and I am struggling with terrible cramp and spasms...
  13. 1

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Thank you for your reply..I had my tkr on 10th February. I was aware that this is a long process but as I said I was doing so well. I have been walking up the street since about week three or four. First with crutches and switched to just a stick at week 5. The 'bumping' sensation and clicking...
  14. 1

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Thank you for your reply. I just thought I'd nailed it and turned a corner. It now seems to have come back to bite me. Thank you for your encouragement. I will carry on with my home physio, icing and resting.
  15. 1

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Hi, I'm new here, so please bear with me. I am 7 weeks post op for RTKR. All was going really well. Due to pandemic all my physio has been done at home alone, and I finally had a face to face appointment with the physiotherapist last week. He was really pleased with my progress especially with...
Back
Top Bottom