Recent content by 1121@Turkey

  1. 1121@Turkey

    TKR Second TKR coming up on Monday, two weeks after the first ~ Any tips on how best to get around?

    Had bilateral knee replacement December 19. My knees are responding completely differently. RIght is healing well and quickly, left knee is raging in pain and cannot yet bare weight. So your next replacement may be completely different than the first. Use all the tools the hospital gives you...
  2. 1121@Turkey

    TKR Is this normal?

    thanks for your recomendation of patience. 5 weeks post surgery and I started to feel like the pain would never end. Going back to work, from home, next week. Hoping brain fog will clear and pain diminises so I don't take meds. THanks for sharing yoru stories of sleeplessness and frustration...
  3. 1121@Turkey

    TKR 1121@Turkey’s recovery

    Bilateral TKR December 19, 2022. Pain and inmovility mostly in left knee lead me to reach out to doctor last week. Wondering why left is so much worse than right. He prescribed steroids. Steroids helping a lot but why am I still so much in pain. Feels much like muscle cramps all through both...
  4. 1121@Turkey

    Bilateral TKR December's gifts are 2 new knees

    Thank you very much Roy! I could not access your full diary but hoping that is a momentary block. Will try again later.
  5. 1121@Turkey

    Bilateral TKR December's gifts are 2 new knees

    Surgery scheduled for December 19 :heehee:
  6. 1121@Turkey

    Bilateral TKR December's gifts are 2 new knees

    Thank you very much Layla! I will work on realistic expectation, especially for the first few weeks. I am happy to hear from others that experienced replacement of both knees at once. Thanks everyone. 1121@Turkey
  7. 1121@Turkey

    Bilateral TKR December's gifts are 2 new knees

    Hello everyone, I am having both knees replaced in December. Some call me brave. But I call me a scardey cat. I'm worried that I won't go back for the second one if I have a tough experience the first time around--I have low pain tolerance. I am looking for folks that did both and can offer...
Back
Top Bottom