New Forum Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for taking the time to cheer me up and on. I know it will not be easy. I'm just a little anxious about outpatient PT. I know it will be more aggressive. I hope I can live up to the challenge. I wish I could give you all a big, big hug in person, but I guess we'll have to settle for virtual hugs. God bless.
P.S. Jamie, you're a sweetheart. Many thanks for your support and encouragement. LindaZ.

Hi again. Does anybody out there know where I can get my hands on the TKR video Jamie spoke of? I think one daughter would pass out cold and the other wouldn't probably bat an eye. Would you believe, she did occupational therapy before she started raising a family? Go figure!! LindaZ

Hi Linda
try U tube type in total knee replacement and there are a few to choose from.....never mind the family look out for yourself gal...my hubby altho trying to show that he is understanding, a very short fuse and has blown up at me a few times cause I have not been able to keep up with his expectations......
Babe...I just ride the storm and stick to my guns..after all nooone knows but you what your body has gone thru and what it is capable of post op
kep true to yorself and your family will have to come second for once

love and hugs Pat xxx

Hi again. Does anybody out there know where I can get my hands on the TKR video Jamie spoke of? I think one daughter would pass out cold and the other wouldn't probably bat an eye. Would you believe, she did occupational therapy before she started raising a family? Go figure!! LindaZ

Linda, try this URL: YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

This isn't the one I saw before, but it's not too bad. I'll keep looking. ....Jamie

I don't know how you do it. You're always there when I need you. You are my angels. Tears come quickly and unexpectly these days even as I write. You are my rock. God bless, Linda Z.

Thanks, RickB and Jamie. I'll give it a whirl. I might even send it to my daughters to view, if they have the stomach for it!! LindaZ

Linda,

Tears are SO common at this point in the game. Don't be too shocked. I thought something was seriously wrong with me when I found myself getting so emotional, then I came to this place and realized that I was not so crazy after all.

You're doing just fine, and outpatient will go very well, too! It will be nice to get out and visit with others who are in a similar boat. Comparing notes may help. Keep your head up!

Hess

That's just one of the reasons why I can't leave this forum. Even going on nine months post op...I've met such great people from all over the world. I've learned, shared,prayed for and been prayed for.
And yes, we have all shared tears of joy, sadness, frustration and finally victory as we regain our lives.

Hi Hess, and all thank you for your words of encouragement. It's difficult to keep up your spirits when you're alone. I figure if I can get through this, I can do anything. I hope the day will come when I will feel like a whole person instead of an invalid. My self confidence level is low right now and these mornings are almost more than I can bear. The stiffness and uncertainty of my leg are paramount. What do you guys do to get going in the AM? Thanks and God bless, LindaZ

Linda,

The mornings WILL get better!! I can so remember having the same complaint. I was miserable getting out of bed in the morning. Doing a few heel slides before I even got out of bed did help. Before I knew it, getting moving in the am got easier. It is so much better now, and I am almost 4 months out. I think I started feeling better at about 2 months. PLEASE hear what the people here are saying. Words of experience, and good prayers, really do help. We're here for you. Someday, you to will be looking back at these rough mornings and trying to remember how they were. Great thought, huh? You'll get there!!!!
Hess

Hess, I stilll have a ways to go. I am 4 weeks out tomorrow. I do hope I am successful with the outpatient therapy. I'm glad that you're doing so well. Maybe one day, as you say, I can look back on this experience as a growth experience. (Tear. tear) God bless, LindaZ

Linda, it's quite a common comment here that after years of pain and an unstable joint, your feeling is that you have to be careful when walking or doing normal activity even after a knee replacement. You need to develop a mental confidence in the new joint! It doesn't buckle. It's strong! My doctor said it's stronger than a "real" knee!!! Understandably at 4 weeks out, you will have some stiffness and pain in your muscles especially in the morning or after periods of inactivity, but work on your brain so that it believes that the joint itself is strong and healthy. IT IS!!! You are doing great...walking, driving and getting out at only 4 weeks.

Jamie, what choice do I have? It's either me or me. I pray God will give me the strength and courage to get through this. I know I will beat it. Thanks for all the help, support, and compassion you have shown me. It will not be forgotten. I have a movie entitled The Doctor. If you haven't seen it, it'd be glad to let you borrow. It is in a DVD format. It is based on a true story. It is just excellent. As a matter of fact I'm thinking of giving a copy to my surgeon. It should be on the curriculum list of every aspiring surgeon. LindaZ

Linda - you are held up in prayer, sweetie! You WILL get there, don't worry. Life was never meant to be a pushover!

Linda, try this URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbp4OrW-DsE

This isn't the one I saw before, but it's not too bad. I'll keep looking. ....Jamie

Jamie - I howled when I saw this. It is a very VERY old Kinematic knee and we used to put them in freehand like that! Amazing! Thanks for the memory!

Josephine said:
Jamie - I howled when I saw this. It is a very VERY old Kinematic knee and we used to put them in freehand like that! Amazing! Thanks for the memory!

Glad you put the clip in perspective. I would have liked to find the clip that someone posted here months ago....I think it was a more recent surgery. But what I was hoping to show Linda and hopefully her family was all the cutting and hammering that went on while she snoozed. All that movement inside your body tends to make things hurt for a good while afterwards....all the pain makes sense once you see what was actually done. Funny, I couldn't look at ANY of these videos when I was still in pain. But now I find them very interesting.

Have you tried looking on BoneSmart? There's heaps of vids and stuff on there from our sponsors.

Thanks, Josephine. I hadn't thought of that and will look there to find something for Linda.

Jamie

Hi All, New problem. Wondered if anybody had this experience. From walking the steps the "way we have to" my right leg (hip) has gotten sore. My TKR was done on the left knee. Should I be concerned? I don't know if I can even do my exercises. I feel like a mess. Any ideas? Thanks, LindaZ

Linda, I think it is just because of the way you are walking down those stairs. I still have problems with stairs as I have 107 ROM. If you are really sore, try the stairs the "Old" way for a bit, but still do your other exercises if you can tolerate it. Ice, elevate and rest. Sometimes I find heat will soothe the aches too, especially if it is in the muscles. I'm sure Jo will be able to give you more reliable help when she checks in. Feel better soon. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Helpmyknee21
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom