Question for others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joanie

I got my left TKR in February and my right TKR in July. I still get pain and stiffness in both legs albeit different from the arthritic pain I had pre surgery. Am I just a wimp or is this quite common and will I just have to get used to it?

Not a wimp at all, sweetie. But it will improve in time. Your second leg is still VERY early days and your first isn't too aged either! Just keep plugging away at that PT, take the pain pills enough to let you do that and you will be getting improvement ultimately. I am told that even at a year there is still rome for improvement.

Joanie... you're definitely not a whimp. My husband had a LTKR last Dec. He had his RTKR the beginning of May. His LTKR took the brunt of the RTKR recovery, so he experienced increased pain from his LTKR. The OS told him that would happen. It made sense to us and since we were forewarned, it came as no surprise... and my husband just dealt with it both emotionally and with extra PT for both knees. Every day now, he tells me both knees are feeling better and better. Next week will be the end of his office PT. By the time I have my TKR the end of Sept., he'll be feeling good enough to take care of me!

Thankyou both for your comments. What you say Sandie makes a lot of sense and I thgink that's exactly what has happened. I daresay they'll start healing together now maybe and I'll feel the benefit in the near future. At the moment I feel a bit disappointed. I don't get PT-am just left to my own devices so I don't really have feedback from anyone as to what my expectations are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• CricketHip
    Staff member since June 5, 2019
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads