THR Nick's Hip

I actually got on my bike last evening and did 30 minutes. I already knew about the hip angle so I did not use my usual old road bike mule but before my surgery I had already set up a city bike (old hardtail MTB that I added higher handlebars and dropper post) on the trainer in anticipation. The dropper post makes it extremely easy to mount/dismount and the higher handlebars keep the hip angle from getting too small. I rode hard enough to get a light sweat going and the hip felt fine... and this morning is just normally stiff as it always is. So, I will be back on the bike again later today. Damn, that feels good.

Thanks for your comment. I am really wary of saying much because my surgeon may not agree with your surgeon. Having said that, one thing that made a lot of sense was to raise the handle bars so you’re not in an aero position which would put strain on the hip flexors. Low power and low cadence. And then just build from there. Hope it goes well for you

I actually got on my bike last evening and did 30 minutes. I already knew about the hip angle so I did not use my usual old road bike mule but put a city bike (old hardtail MTB that I added higher handlebars and dropper post) on the trainer. The dropper post makes it extremely easy to mount/dismount and the higher handlebars keep the hip angle from getting too small. I rode hard enough to get a light sweat going and the hip felt fine... and this morning is just normally stiff as it always is. So, I will be back on the bike again later today. Damn, that feels good.

Thanks for your comment. I am really wary of saying much because my surgeon may not agree with your surgeon. Having said that, one thing that made a lot of sense was to raise the handle bars so you’re not in an aero position which would put strain on the hip flexors. Low power and low cadence. And then just build from there. Hope it goes well for you
So pleased for you. The indoor cycling made a massive difference to me. ‍

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member