New knee on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will both be fine! Hang in there and enjoy the ride! Remember the mantra and for me ice was the best pain medication. My surgery was well over $100,000. Thank goodness my insurance is very good. It may be changing in December though so I will have my second knee done in September.

I am looking forward to your recoveries and will keep you in my prayers!

Thanks for the words of wisdom Jozilla - I haven't even ventured having my other knee looked at - but I can feel the grinding in that one too. One thing I wished was that I lost another 20 lbs before surgery - Hopefully, what I've been reading it true - people seem to lose weight while recovering?

I ended up losing about 20 lbs after the surgery. I just had no appetite at all. I missed all the goodies from Christmas and didn't care. Very unusual for me!

Insurance was a big factor in scheduling my knees as bilateral. Who knows what it will be in January.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®

@midwest girl, I am sure today you are trying to think thru everything to have packed and what you still need to do before tomorrow. OH..and if you are like me, you will be thinking what time you can have your last glass of water before bed since you cant eat or drink after a specified time. I just wanted to let you know that there are people here who are thinking about you and sending lots of caring thoughts and prayers your way!
Cheers,
Roni

thanks Jozilla - I will re-read the mantra today , I'm looking forward to getting the added bonus of no appetite too. I hope at least I lose a few more pounds w/o trying. For those of you scheduling BTKRs, you are the bravest people in the world (that's you, MsMechanic).

Yes, Midwest, my thoughts and prayers are with you as well and it is comforting knowing that you will be going through the extra same thing tomorrow-we can be comrades in pains and in gains! Quasi is also going in on May 13th. I'll find out my surgery time later this PM . I couldn't sleep last night so I plan to take a nap today - I hope - still trying to organize and clean everything (it's amazing how bad a house can get when you work all the time!)and pack - don't forget the ear plugs I hear (or can't hear) from others! There is one thing I didn't do, and that was cook - I just bought a bunch of frozen Lean Cuisines, fruit and veggies. I also bought lots of bottled water. I tried out my little polka dot bean bag chair I bought at Walmart and it works good, no pressure under my knee and it keeps my leg above my heart. Will be posting after I get home in 2-3 days. Anyhow, ready when you are!!!

All the best for tomorrow. See you on the recovery side!

my surgery is scheduled for 1:30 PM - hope the OS eats a good lunch! I'm going to hydrate right up to midnight - I have a long wait - see you on the post-op side

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
horselvr
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom