• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TKR May 15th for Left knee

calliecatsmom

Country
United States United States
Well as much as I really don't want to, I'm scheduled to get the left knee replaced on May 15th. At least with the left I know (hopefully) more of what to expect post-op since the right was just done on January 31st. I think the only reason I'm even going ahead with the left is that it's just as bad, maybe even worse now, than the right was.

You’ll be happy once you’re in recovery for your left knee and on the way back to all that you love….without the pain! :SUNsmile:
Lots of comfort to you as you wait.
@calliecatsmom

At least with the left I know (hopefully) more of what to expect post-op since the right was just done on January 31st.
Yes, that's been my experience recovering from my second TKR. The "fear factor" is gone because all the swelling, stiffness, aches, pains and twinges are familiar.

What's more, having been through a recovery so recently, you know what works for you.
And, we'll be here to support you! :flwrysmile:

Welcome back!
Last year I had my L in January, my R in June....
The good news is your January knee will be in good shape to support its baby sibling!

Thanks for the replies everyone!!! I ended up postponing the left knee replacement until July 3rd. I have a baby shower for one of my nephews and his wife (their first) on June 1st in the Detroit area. This would have meant riding in a car barely 2 weeks post-op, 1 day Atlanta to Detroit, next day about an hour and a half to shower location - one way, then 3rd day Detroit back to Atlanta. My husband said he could set up my ice machine and wedge to elevate my leg in the car. Detroit is already a long enough drive from Atlanta, just didn't want to make it even longer by having to stop and get out and stretch and walk a bit. If that wasn't enough punishment, I was going to be in a car coming back to Atlanta from El Paso May 13th and 14th, then surgery the next day.
Oh well, this gives the right knee a few more weeks of healing (it still gets stiff fairly easily and definitely doesn't like pressure changes) before it becomes the "good" knee :).

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bentleysmom
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom