• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THR Kritterkiddo's THR Recovery

I've been using vitamin oil for decades to reduce scarring on just healed burns, wounds, and incisions - but if you're a person who typically doesn't scar much, you probably don't need to do anything.

Almost five months PO

All thumbs up here from all my health care team including my primary care doc who yesterday checked off all the good boxes for another year!

This may sound funny but on another note, I wish someone would make a line of clothes out of cotton pajama material. It just feels so comfortable and keeps me cooler than the usual summer wear. Do you think anyone would notice if I wore my jammy tops with jeans?

Peace!

great news on the thumbs up and all clear from your health care team!

I agree, would love if more clothes were soft and comfy like pajamas. And yes, we also have folks that go out shopping, etc in pajamas and slippers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's triple digits here in summer. I live in lightweight rayon harem pants. They are nearly weightless, feel soft, hold up with machine washing.
Paired with a tank top and an open shirt of crisp white cotton seersucker or white linen and that's my uniform!

Five Months out, less two days

To anyone who recently had a THR, there is a lot to be said for this patience thing that you may read about.
When I started moving around more PO, two of my concerns were weak left inner thigh muscles and leg length differences. My doc was unconcerned. Give it time he said. BoneSmart said the same thing, as you all know.
And in the middle of last night when I turned on to my side, my inner thigh muscles responded perfectly when I placed the pillow between my knees. Effortlessly.
And as I walk around no matter what shoes I wear or if I am barefooted, I am not aware of my slight leg length difference.
Maybe I am distracted by other concerns. (We are right smack in the path of the total solar eclipse coming up and are about to have hundreds of thousands of people descend upon us. I am busy with gathering enough for my family and pets :kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty: :dogsniff: for the week before and the week after because we have been told to stay home and watch our property!)
But my main point today is that my healing hip is 'carrying on' without being micromanaged.

Peace!

It's wonderful to experience those "and just like that!" moments after surgery!!!!

Happy Five Month Anniversary!
we have been told to stay home and watch our property!)
Wow! Stay safe and wear your protective eyewear. Are you having a "watch"party for the big event?
Thanks for updating. :)

Happy Five Month Anniversary!
we have been told to stay home and watch our property!)
Wow! Stay safe and wear your protective eyewear. Are you having a "watch"party for the big event?
Thanks for updating. :)
Thank you @Layla A friend from my youth has contacted us to come join us to watch it. They have experienced total eclipses and the ensuing traffic.
Being amateur astronomers, we have all the gear from computer-run telescopes with sun filters & cameras & eclipse binoculars to the paper glasses that we were given at the Library. Watching the weather forecast...

Over six months:
This new hip is great.
Ap 19th the utility trailer tongue fell on my right foot :censored:smishing the toes & luckily only breaking one so I am non weight bearing for two months. Displaced & jagged but lined up so no surgery.
My new hip is doing all the heavy lifting with minimum & mild discomfort.
At first I was in denial & tried to hippity hop around on crutches and ended up wi lots o swelling. So, foot up! Icing! = No swelling!

Peace

Oh boy, does that sound painful!
Sounds like your knee is managing pretty well overall, so a big congratulations for that!
That icing and elevation routine pays off doesn’t it?

I’m sorry this happened though. One step forward then two steps back…….

Does Bonesmart have a section for healing toes like the Hip section?

Hi KritterKiddo- so sorry to hear about your accident! Glad the hip is carrying you through! Get well soon - we had our surgery around the same time and you were always helpful to me!

Hi KritterKiddo- so sorry to hear about your accident! Glad the hip is carrying you through! Get well soon - we had our surgery around the same time and you were always helpful to me!
My word o advice for the day: watch your step!!

On another subject, I use either the knee scooter or the wheel chair. The cat is pretty bullet proof to both & even walks along under the wheel chair, especially if I am headed to the door or his dish. Well, it happened. I accidently ran over his paw. After extensively examining him, he walked away. I apologized over & over & he then jumped into the wheel chair & went to sleep. I have to push him in the wheel chair from the knee scooter. We race to see who gets to use the wheel chair and if he wins, he won't get out. My big helper.

Peace

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Riveralex
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom