Bilateral TKR I made it! (Lisabon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! I'm encouraged each day by each of your stories as well. It's not always a steady incline to total recovery, but progress does come eventually. I've been learning the meaning or the word "patience" in a whole new way during these past six months!
Now off to the gym in a few minutes to try a new class: On the Ball. I have no idea what it will be like, but I'm game for it all now! :dancy:

Lisa, I just read your posts through from beginning to end. It is so helpful to see the progress on a continuum. It was a good reality check that will help me be prepared for my own upcoming BTKR in June. Thanks so much, and keep updating! Best of luck and I am so happy you are starting to have fun!

Lisa, I just read your posts through from beginning to end. It is so helpful to see the progress on a continuum. It was a good reality check that will help me be prepared for my own upcoming BTKR in June. Thanks so much, and keep updating! Best of luck and I am so happy you are starting to have fun!

Janet, I'm glad you had the patience to read the whole darned thing! lol
And I'm glad this was helpful to you. I think it's probably pretty common that many of us who do well with our surgeries kind of disappear from this site after a while. I admit that I don't check in too often these days. But then I realized that for someone like you who may be going into the same surgery, it's important to hear about progress others are making, especially during the first year which is about how long it takes to really recover fully. I still feel some tightness in my knees and I have to be careful not to do things that push them to the point of pain. But for the most part I am functioning fully at under 7 months and that's such a huge blessing.

It's important to remember (as Im sure you already know) that each person's journey is different. Some get over their pain and inflammation faster than others, some have a tough time getting their range of motion back and others (myself included) found it to be easier than we expected. So try not to compare your recovery to others but rather use our experience to help be prepared mentally and otherwise for whatever may come your way and use the advice in these boards to help you through it. The moderators are a wealth of information and always respond quickly to your questions. And the regular folks like me are there to encourage you along the way.

I will keep you in my prayers for June. I'm sure you'll do great and you won't regret it one bit when you are celebrating the holidays in December and can enjoy them fully!

All the more reason I am reading all the experiences I can find. While everyone's is different and their own, it's helpful to see the spectrum of experience and to know that my own may fall somewhere close to that range. I found it fascinating to read Tom Holzers saga (was that a link here?) which he has continued to up date for ten years! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member