• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Hi everyone.It's been a while.I reviewed from the fall.My knee still acts up..Pops and makes awful noises,and hurts when I walk.But I guess I will have to tough it out.
Other than that I've been ok. Just taking it easy.

I know this don't have nothing to do with my thread. But asking for prayers.

Lots more going on,I've been traveling to doctors for testing for my boy!! He has schoilious and kyphosis. So we have to travel to Cincinnati which is 3 hrs away. We have been going for testing,and other appointments. To get him spinal sugary. He is scheduled to have it on March 15,2016 at 7:20 am. So we have to be there at 5:30 and it will be 8 hrs long. They will straighten his spine,and put rods in his back. He is scared but happy he will be straight. My daughter had it 3 years ago.

So be in prayer for his recovery and for me,strength and not to be nervous.

Have a good day!!!

I just got my new knee.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi angel I have not seen you on much so sorry to hear you are still having problems hopefully the sports Dr will be able to help you , you have been through so much my heart go out to you I think about you often. Best of luck

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hey all its been a while since I have posted. Still having trouble with my knee. Stiffness and instability. Through out the night I wake up and leg aches and jumps. So I just get up and walk.

I'm able to take long walks as my leg gets really unstable. If I'm setting it still has that nocking sound. But I can't do nothing about it. My doc is a jerk and he said he wants to wait. So I guess it's wait. I have to keep pillow in between legs. Sometimes I stretch wrong way and it hurts.

I've been in the hospital with my son. He had spinal surgery. And we had a lot of complications. But I would like to share his progress if accepted. The doc who did it is truly amazing.

Hi Angel,
I'm glad your son's surgery is done. I hope that he's resting comfortably now.

I'm sorry your knee is still causing you problems. :console2:

Hi Angel,
I'm glad your son's surgery is done. I hope that he's resting comfortably now.

I'm sorry your knee is still causing you problems. :console2:

He is but he had total reconstruction. So I don't know how to keep him comfortable. I give him meds as scheduled but they wear off fast. Anyways thanks this knee is rough!

Spinal surgery is also difficult. I hope that by now things are beginning to even out a bit---the first two weeks are the worst. I understand all about being a caregivier, it is tough in its own way.

Spinal surgery is also difficult. I hope that by now things are beginning to even out a bit---the first two weeks are the worst. I understand all about being a caregivier, it is tough in its own way.

He just had it on March 15. Really scared me. He has to have entire torso repaired.

Angel, did he have scoliosis? That is such a drastic spinal condition. I am sure you need some ME time after a scare like this one.

Angel, did he have scoliosis? That is such a drastic spinal condition. I am sure you need some ME time after a scare like this one.

They had to rebuild because he was sunk in. We knew it but he wasnt done growing. I am a nervous wreck. He had scholious and kyphosis.

Angel,
A friends son had a similar surgery, it has made a tremendous difference in his life and what he can accomplish. Like all surgeries it takes time to heal, but worth the out come. It looks like he is already benefiting.

Happy to hear he is doing so much better, breathing better will change his life.

Thanks @Pumpkln

Anyways he is doing better. I know this is post on knee but just its been trough. Staying in hospital was bad to. My leg like killed me. And the crazy beds they have. Lol there plastic chairs that pull out. My feet hung. Bur I managed. My leg is real bad. Wants to give out on me. And I just get so mad. Have to stop a lot and it agervates me. But clearly the docs here and new doc is done.
Makes me real mad and i can't deal with it. But just have to.

Pops locks and throws me off balance. But nights is worst. Restless and jumpy.

I just got my new knee.
this was before.
I just got my new knee.
this is after. So we have big improvement.
He fills better. Although he has some kind of cold and I don't like it. Because my hubs kids is sick and had same thing. And he has it. So it's sorda scary to me.

I'm happy your son's surgery has gone well. I hope you both have some time to relax and feel better.

I'm glad your son has made a good recovery. It's wonderful what a difference the surgery has made to his It will benefit his overall health, I'm sure.

Best wishes! :friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics