"Bold", "italics", "underline", etc.--none of it is working?

Cdogger76

Country
United States United States
The last couple of times I've typed a reply to a post, the 'effects ribbon has not been working. Could not put words into "bold" or "italics" or use any special text effects! What am I doing wrong? Thank you kindly in advance!

@Cdogger76
Are you accessing the forum from a cell phone or a laptop/desktop? Accessing from a phone may require you to scroll down to find some of the functions.

On the edit bar towards the right there's a 'cog' symbol, which when clicked will toggle between the rich text editor (RTE) and the plain text editor (PTE). Have you clicked it by mistake and 'greyed out' the edit bar?

1627473730451.png
1627473762837.png

I am having the same problem lately. It does work on my iPhone, but not on my iPad, and I usually come here on my iPad. This started maybe a week ago.

@Cdogger76
Are you accessing the forum from a cell phone or a laptop/desktop? Accessing from a phone may require you to scroll down to find some of the functions.

Jacey~

Thank you so much for answering my post! I use my tablet to access this site...I haven't accessed it using my phone or my desktop yet. Still not working today...

On the edit bar towards the right there's a 'cog' symbol, which when clicked will toggle between the rich text editor (RTE) and the plain text editor (PTE). Have you clicked it by mistake and 'greyed out' the edit bar?

1627473730451.png
1627473762837.png

Thank you! That was the problem! Very kind of you! :)

My edit bar is not grayed out and I still can’t use these functions anymore. I guess I could try to use coding.

testing

Edit, the coding worked. But I shouldn’t have to do that, and the edit bar used to function fine. I did an IOS update a couple of weeks ago, but if that is the cause I would think it would also affect my iPhone and not just my iPad.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom