2015 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Staff member since Feb, 2009
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States

"All for one and one for all!!!"

March brings us 'round to the first of our monthly teams - the March Musketeers. Three of our members called themselves the March Musketeers back in 2010 and the whole program of monthly teams just took off from there.

If you're having surgery in the month of March, please post your date in this thread and check out the list of other BoneSmarties who will be joining you in recovery.

It always helps to have a group of friends going through surgery and recovery together. You can support each other in true Musketeer fashion and even brandish a few swords as you reach milestones in recovery!

So....OUT with the BAD.....and IN with the GOOD! Let's get the Musketeers rallying together and ensure success for one....SUCCESS FOR ALL!!!

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Please do not chit-chat in this thread. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the
instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 March 15 tracey10
09 March 15 Blendab1
18 March 15 BananasKnees (her second)
23 March 15 ways & means
30 March 15 Tammyk

I am having my right knee replaced March 3, 2015

I don't have an exact date yet but am supposed to be having my left knee done sometime late Feb or early March. I will post the exact date when it's confirmed.

Sheila

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm scheduled for March 18 - LTKR (six weeks after my RTKR on January 30). Looks like I'll be getting my spring back in Spring!

@BananasKnees, you have been officially added to the March surgery list!

(Be careful, it may be fall before you get that spring back)

Geez i feel bad...i dont even have a surgery date set yet but i will soon ! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone...yup...I'm back again! I had my left TKR done on Oct 21...three months later my surgeon was incredibly happy with the result...he said it doesn't get better than my recovery (see my post-op thread and/or my facebook group devoted to my surgery). From my perspective, my god, the left side of my body has a new life...while the recovery journey is a bit tough at times, am I ever glad I did it and I can't wait for my second.

I'm still waiting for my exact surgery date, however, I know it will be in March 2015...

Peter

@bottomshollow - thanks...I'm 100% sure it will be in March as my surgeon has told me it will be...I am just waiting for confirmation of the date which I will let you know once I have it...

TKR on my right knee scheduled for March 30th, nervous and excited at the same time.

@bottomshollow , you must be psychic. I have to withdraw from the March group as there was a disconnect between my surgeon and the hospital and, finally, he is booked solid in March so it's looking more like April now...I will have a firm date next week. I am incredibly disappointed. You know how you get your hopes up, you get mentally ready, and then...lunch bag letdown! Anyway, I shouldn't complain...I feel more than fortunate. Have a nice day everyone.

Right now I have a surgery date of March 23, but I'm waiting to see one more surgeon before i make up my mind which doctor it'll be (I've already seen three). This last one said i must have a TKR (right lateral) while the other two said partial would be fine. Ah decisions. will be everyone posted.

@ways & means, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! (If your date changes for any reason, we can make the correction.)

Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads