2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counting down.. Less than a month for me.. Feel like I'm in a time warp.. Time is going equally fast and slow.. How can that happen??? :chinstroke:

@Braunzie for me time is slow slow slow!!! I just want to be there and be done because I am tired so tired of the daily pain. when I am sitting I totally forget then I get up and think ouch!!! UGH!!! so what I feel like doing is nothing!! Just don't feel like feeling the pain. I know that is bad so I do everything I should do but I'm so tired after because I feel like I am fighting the pain. And then the sweating starts because I am hurting......

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 15 jbrooklyn (bilateral)
06 July 15 PamelaColorado, Rob 68, boditty
10 July 15 Deeann, mennalou
13 July6 15 mfb, Braunzie
16 July 15 iivesfam5
20 July 15 CBH
23 July 15 Majic (her second)
27 July 15 Cindy knits

@iivesfam5 - don't know how you can forget before you get up.. My life these days is all about pain avoidance, or at the very least pain minimization.. I think I got up once 'without thinking' and learned my lesson. Every time I get up I "test" my stability and level of pain. I'm so ready to be done with this. Once I get going, I can walk "ok" on flat ground, but anything uneven or stairs, a sloping.. not so much. Looking forward to getting passed the surgery and "over the hump" of initial recovery.. My days are pretty busy at work, so time goes pretty quickly - except when I'm walking.. lol!

Hello July Sparklers! I am scheduled for July 6th for a full custom knee replacement (Conformis). I've already rescheduled once and am basically terrified about both doing this AND not doing this. I am hopeful that after spending some time better educating myself, I will have a more positive outlook!
I am rooting for you!!

firecracker 43.jpg
@CBH, you have been officially added to the July surgery list!

All you had to do was ask to be put on the list and Voila! you're on :snork:

I thought I was going to have to ask to be removed from July list, since I fainted two weeks ago and pulled my hamstring and abductor muscles in my new knee leg. However have seen OS and he assures me that I will recover in time, even though I am in agonising pain and back on two sticks! Please keep your fingers crossed and/or pray for me if possible. I am also hoping that this time everything is straightforward, and not complicated like last time. Saw GP this morning and am more comfortable now I am on stronger painkillers.

So I am having a TRKR on July 20th. I have been struggling with this for about 5 years. I am an RN and 20+ years ago I was the circulating nurse in a csection and was rushing from one side of the OR to the other because they needed something during the case, and I tripped over a dandling suction tubing and did not even realize I was falling so no protective posture, just splatt! Got a concussion, broke my right elbow and damaged my right knee. Out of work for quite awhile. Had a stick shift car at the time, couldn't drive with my right arm. But I was much younger then, :)) and recovered and returned to work. Fast forward 20+ years Right knee is very arthritic and swollen and painful. I tried steroid injections twice and didn't do much, it is bone on bone. Then I tried eufflexa injections. First one was great, lasted two years! basically no pain. Gave me time to get divorced, travel to Turkey, drive crosscountry with my new boyfriend, travel to Hawaii, get married on the beach barefoot there, and then the shots wore off and I had it done again just before we travelled to Italy for our first annivsery. But this time it barely lasted 6 months. I just got it again in April/May of this year and am feeling pretty good right now. By pretty good I mean I can get through a shift at work, but I can't hike anymore, couple of blocks without pain is all I can manage. I love to travel and explore and I find myself planning vacations around walking or rather not walking and finally said enough is enough, it will not get better, it is majorly impacting my life, I've got to do it. So Smith and Nephew protocol. I've chosen my anesthesiologist, I work with them all, so I know. But boy I am still so scared about the pain management. Many things make me throw up and I can't keep them down long enough to work. He assures me it will be fine. My wonderful hubby will be there with me. But I still felt like I needed more so, here I am

@CBH don't worry. We have all been where you are. I had BTKR and was afraid of pain mgt and expressed this to my OS and the nurses in the hospital. In recovery I had a morphine drip that I pushed (of course all measured and timed). It gave me good comfort. I was afraid to take Vicodin. I got Percosett and I did fine. When I got transferred to an in patient rehab hospital they gave me "Roxys". Those made me sick. So they adjusted it to Tramadol and Tylenol and it worked out fine. We are all here for you pre and post op surgery. What I learned from this forum is that no question is foolish and my fears and nerves have been calmed. I am proud of your decision. See you on the other side. :old:

@CBH hi there don't worry too much and try not to be afraid. I am scheduled for July 23rd, and had one done last November. There was pain, but it was controlled, and I can't have Tramadol as I am epileptic. I had to have Codeine and Paracetamol, and the worst I suffered was constipation. I am in more pain at the moment than I had with my TKR, having just pulled two muscles when I fainted the other day.
We shall be virtual knee Buddies and I have been there before, so you can contact me whenever you need to. Just concentrate on enjoying the summer before your op.
Jackie

I'm 10th of July,total knee replacement can't wait in one way,terrified in another!

@mennalou I agree me too!!! I am getting Bilateral total knee replacements on 7/16. Excited for 1 year from now but scared about the process to get there....... But this website has been great and so helpful with all the experienced BTKR's and their encouragement!!

It's Official. Just scheduled my Left TKR for July 21st. I thought I was nervous before !

@cpd599 Good luck. I had BTKR 5 weeks ago and recovering. Feel free to ask questions in this forum. Everyone is friendly and very helpful. :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HaiPao
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom