Surgery scheduled 14th May. Days dragging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piglet

Hi all
Thanks Elisea for prompting me to start a personal thread. New to this forum lark but very grateful to it.

I've had 20 years of left knee problems after dislocating it in police basic training (self defence) in 1992.

After injuring it the last time last September at work I had an arthroscopy and at last it was properly diagnosed but by then it was bone on bone and I've been working towards getting it replaced

Whilst trying to delay surgery ( Physios said i was young )I found this forum and started the'process after reading all your experiences. Thank goodness as it has taken since January to get to this stage and I am now off sick and wishing my life away to surgery day. I had no idea it would suddenly deteriorate so fast this year.

Good news today :yes 4: surgery has been brought forward by a week which is fab as tramadol painkillers were giving me horrendous migraines so just on paracetamol and pretty much confined to sofa elevating and icing so getting pretty bored and fed up and the night pain is back which is where you guys come in. It's good reading your updates to get an idea of life on th3 other side and to know there's others whose lifes have been taken over by their knees

I'm really positive normally but don't like sitting around and can't wait for op date to come. At last it's May. Woo hoo:loll:

This truly is a lifesaver as I fear I'm boring the pants off my partner and friends now with knee stories and research :hate-shocked:

Well there you are! Good for you. Now we can give you a proper send off when you have your surgery. :thumb:

Annnnnd you'll know how to start a post op thread once you get to the "other side".

Completely relate to the research on knee surgery and boring people. I have explicit instructions that if I watch anymore knee surgeries I am not to share the gory details. :th_heehee:

Good point on the threads!! :scratch:

And there was me thinking I was the only sad muppet watching those hospital documentaries. :hysterical:

Yep I've been banned from describing them. Apparently it doesn't make good dinner talk:th_heehee:

:hysterical: No it surely doesn't! But you should hear me and my tales of the past sometimes! Jamie could tell you tales!

Hee Hee
Don't think the job helps. Policing and Medicine! Strange sense of humour....

Do have to be careful when out with work friends at restaurants. Not good to see someone on a nearby table going green although I'm sure your stories are far worse than mine :th_heehee:

Actually come to think of it non work friends too Poor mates!!:cry4:

Hi Piglet

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your surgery date :thumb: This forum is great for gathering information and being able to chat to like minded folks with bad knees. I know that before my surgery I also bored the pants off my hubby regarding all the details but I have to say I'm still boring him with my recovery progress :th_heehee: The only difference now is that I'm absolutely delighted with my new knee and all my comments are of a positive nature now :thumb:

Good wishes to you and good luck with your surgery. Keep us posted.
(ps I love your piglet picture)

Congrats on your surgery date, it will go by real fast, you wont bore anyone here, we want to hear about it:thumb:

Do have to be careful when out with work friends at restaurants. Not good to see someone on a nearby table going green although I'm sure your stories are far worse than mine :th_heehee:
Ain't dat da trufe!:loll:

Hi Piglet

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your surgery date :thumb: This forum is great for gathering information and being able to chat to like minded folks with bad knees. I know that before my surgery I also bored the pants off my hubby regarding all the details but I have to say I'm still boring him with my recovery progress :th_heehee: The only difference now is that I'm absolutely delighted with my new knee and all my comments are of a positive nature now :thumb:

Good wishes to you and good luck with your surgery. Keep us posted.
(ps I love your piglet picture)

Thanks very much. Good to hear from you and see that you are in the same decade as me! Did you have a spinal anaesthetic? I just seem to be getting more tired and can't wait to get onto the recovery phase

How are you doing?

Congrats on your surgery date, it will go by real fast, you wont bore anyone here, we want to hear about it:thumb:

Thanks. It's getting abit boring sitting on the sofa with leg elevated and ice I won't mind once I'm recovering cos you know you're moving forward but only a week and a half to go :yes 4:

Knees boring? Never! They are the most interesting thing in my life at the moment ........... sad, I know. Good luck, you have been very patient.

Piglet, Great to hear your surgery date is so near!:friends: It leaves less time to worry and second guess.:skeptical: Boy we are all in the same boat when it comes to boring our friends and family about our up and coming journey. I saw the whole proceedure online and my husband did too, he's more inquisitive about these things than I am usually! It certainly was enlightening and helps me to understand why I'll be in so much pain after its done.:wink1:
It will be great to have it all behind us! I wish you well in your journey! I look forward to reading more of you posts on the post op side.
Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!:wubroses:

I wish all of you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! You are all so lucky to have found this excellent forum before your surgery!

Piglet,

Welcome! Your surgery is just around the corner. I know what you mean afraid you are boring everyone with your research, etc. I felt that way and I think we all do. We want to know what we are up against, etc. Glad you found this forum - you will find it so helpful now and "on the other side".

Best wishes!!

Hi Piglet!

those last few days will fly by I'm sure - it's those last couple of weeks I'm dreading - I'm almost sure that's when I'm going to crack, so far I'm putting on a brave face. Talking about it helps - and I'm also boring the socks off everyone around me. My husband is now actively avoiding me :hysterical:. At least there's people on here who understand :snork:.

I'm lucky in that I am still working - I can understand that you must be bored out of your mind by being stuck on the sofa - you never know the weather might improve - I like lounging out in the garden when it's nice out, doesn't feel so much like being poorly.

Oh - and as you can see - I'm in the same decade as you too :th_heehee:.

Knees boring? Never! They are the most interesting thing in my life at the moment ........... sad, I know. Good luck, you have been very patient.

I know what you mean. I think it's become all consuming but there's not a lot else to think about. Good luck as you prepare and count down the weeks :bathtub::

Hi Piglet!

those last few days will fly by I'm sure - it's those last couple of weeks I'm dreading - I'm almost sure that's when I'm going to crack, so far I'm putting on a brave face. Talking about it helps - and I'm also boring the socks off everyone around me. My husband is now actively avoiding me :hysterical:. At least there's people on here who understand :snork:.

I'm lucky in that I am still working - I can understand that you must be bored out of your mind by being stuck on the sofa - you never know the weather might improve - I like lounging out in the garden when it's nice out, doesn't feel so much like being poorly.

Oh - and as you can see - I'm in the same decade as you too :th_heehee:.

Yes could do with some decent weather. :cry4:
This week seems to be the longest ever but I'm sure next week will whizz by

Still keep thinking it isn't going to really happen as have had to badger the hospital due to my young? Age :hysterical:

I will keep you posted as you get ready for yours:friends:

It's weird when I was at work I always fancied some time off but now I have to I can't wait to get back. Different if you can do things I suppose but if I do I pay for,it after so having to accept I'm not in control of this one at the moment

Here's to some sunshine so I can get out in the garden:yahoo:

Piglet,

Welcome! Your surgery is just around the corner. I know what you mean afraid you are boring everyone with your research, etc. I felt that way and I think we all do. We want to know what we are up against, etc. Glad you found this forum - you will find it so helpful now and "on the other side".

Best wishes!!

Thank you for your kind words. It's amazing how positive I feel reading about everyone's journeys. The more I read and write the more relaxed about it I feel.

It's good to have something positive to look forward to. I don't mind the pain etc provided I'm getting better and I have a realistic idea of what to expect unlike the arthroscopy which I was told would be a breeze! Knee says no! :th_heehee:

Piglet, I will be having a RTKR the same day as you! It will be new beginnings for both of us. :friends:

Yay :dancy: between us we could make a good three legged race team???

Mine is in the afternoon so will be thinking of you when I come round as you won't be far behind with the time difference :ideaIPB::cocktail_martini:

Been advised by hospital not to take in any valuables so wil be leaving iPad and iPhone behind. Will post when back home.
Think I'll risk the iPod though. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean
Recent bookmarks
Back