unexpected pain 22 weeks post PKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Usually" the only fix? He's kidding, right?

Sue, I'm guessing that you will never be letting this first surgeon touch you....that would be the prudent thing to do!!! It will be interesting to see what the company says. You may have to keep after them to get a response, though. Because....once they say he took off more bone than is recommended, their response could become part of a lawsuit. I doubt they want to take that risk.

"Usually" the only fix? He's kidding, right?

Sadly, Jo....I think this idiot is serious. It just proves that old saying that somebody somewhere has to be in the bottom of his class at med school. I think we know where he practices now....just sayin'.....:whis:

Can we start a list of docs NOT to pick???

Yours and Sandy's (Trainwreck) need to be first on the list!!!

The BoneSmart Blackball list....:hehe:

Probably not a good idea...but sometimes you'd certainly LIKE to do something like that, wouldn't you!!!

IANAL but - that would seem like a dodgy thing to do from a legal standpoint!

(IANAL = I am not a lawyer!)

Yes, Jo....sadly it's just a "pipe dream."

Well I went to see Dr Huddleston at Stanford Hosp. he said I need a revision TKR. We scheduled it for March 31 (the soonest I could get). The good news is he didn't think too much bone was removed, he said it would be pretty routine not too difficult. He said that 60% of his surgery is "revisions", his resume reads well so I feel pretty good about it, plus he is YOUNG, no more old guys for me. I just have to hold together for 4 months and I'll be reading up on what to expect from my BoneSmart friends.
All the Best,
Sue

Oh there's not too much bone removed for a total, just for that partial. But at least you're going to get it sorted. Sadly there are many surgeons making a good living out of sorting out other surgeons' cock ups.

Sue, I am praying for success for you in what ever you decide to do. Keep your spirits up and keep asking questions. You have to be your own best advocate. Don't be afraid to question your doctor on anything he tells you. I am blessed with a remarkable doctor who includes me in everything. Stanford is a good Hospital and I am sure you are in good hands now.

Sue, you will be having your revision on my birthday so it will be easy to remember!:D Well, if my age doesn't catch up with me and I "forget my birthday that is!":rotfl:

I'm so glad you found a great revisionist! That makes all the difference in the world!:thmb:

Sue, that's quite a while to wait, but it will be worth it to get things fixed so you can go on with your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
IceWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom