• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

So Grateful to bonesmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettin ready

Thankyou! Just spent last nite and this morning reading all the threads from Deb and other BTHRs Dec 2011. I can't tell you how re-assuring and comforting your recovery threads have been to me. You've helped me greatly with my fears. It's so difficult anticipating, wondering and worrying about what's ahead and how my life may be changed forever, though it certainly has been these last couple years. So much pain and restriction.
After 33 years personal trainer and no injuries to myself or my clients, this bites at my achillies. Getting ready to tell my 85 clients this week to prepare them for my time away. I know my limping and restriction has started rumours so I need to get on it.
It will be all right in the end cause if it's not....I love that !
I,M so happy to have found this site, I,ll be relying on and appreciating all the threads throughout my journey. I will ultimately share this learning with my clients, and hope I can be their poster child for bilats and to help them know you can triumph over whatever adversity comes in life.
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou to all!
affectionatley,
Kim

That's very good to hear, Kim. First hand experience beats all text books and learned counsel by us medical people! I trust you've also spent some time in the Library too?

Hi Kim, glad you found us and that we can help out. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

:cheers: Cheers, Kim! I'm so glad you found my thread helpful - and I wish you the very best success with your new hips!

I hear you about being grateful for this forum. It's helped me tremendously too!!!

Oh, I bet you will sail through the hip surgery and recovery (well, as much as anyone can sail through a procedure of this magnitude). Best wishes for a successful surgery and stunning recovery!!!

Dorothy

Thankyou to all and yes I'm studying extensively about all of this. I have always prided myself on educationing my participants. This has been a life journey for me and teaching is truely my passion inlife and heaven help me, I will carry on as long as there is breath in my body. I will do everything I possibly can to ensure a successful outcome and I will be responsible to my new hips for the rest of my life. Can you give me any details as to how and what will be necessary to maintain this?
As always, my sincerest thanks~!
Kim

You may be surprised to learn that there is no need to 'maintain' your new hip. It is to be hoped that within about 12-15 months, it will become what hip surgeons regard as the ultimate recovery, the "forgotten hip"! If you achieve that, you will be fine forever!

Hi Kim

Welcome to your international BoneSmart family.. knowledge is power, go forth and educate :)

I'm with you - finding this forum was a godsend for me. Reading thru the experiences of others helped me manage my expectation & filled in a lot of gaps. Folks were wonderfully supportive before my surgeryv& I hope to do the same now that I'm 2 weeks out from a bilateral replacement My personal trainer helped me immensely to prep for the physical demands BTW. I will send good thoughts your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Sinister17
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom