THR Questions on THR for elderly parent.

I am sorry you mum's surgery was canceled and also for the pain she's struggling with. Your questions are important ones, but she really needs to raise them with her OS. There may be varying opinions, on both, from surgeon to surgeon so you need to have an understanding of her OS's protocol on both. Best Wishes for her surgery and for physical comfort as she awaits February 2nd.
@Gooner99

@Gooner99 what a mess! I'm glad for her that she's got another date, and so soon. My mom lived in assisted living and memory care for the last 5 years of her life. Both facilities offered cranberry juice to everyone every day, as a preventative measure against UTI's. I think you can get cranberry extract in capsules now, which would definitely suit me better lol. See what her medical providers say about keeping the UTI's away.

I can't really speak to the anxiety except to say, hoo boy I know how she feels and my heart goes out to her.

Hi @Gooner99 , I'm sorry to only see your post now. I do hope everything goes well for tour mother on the 2nd.
With regard to the UTIs, I was diagnosed with one a few weeks before surgery, and they put me on an antibiotic for about 10 days prior to surgery. I don't think it should postpone your mother's surgery. Hope she's doing well. Best of luck!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks