Painful sleepless nights....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weezy, hon....I'm so sorry you are hurting. I know you want to keep yourself occupied, but girl, your activity level made ME tired. If you can scale back some of the more physical things your're doing (walking Costco???), it may be that you new meds can do a better job keeping pain levels down. Hang in there....it's not too much longer!!

lol Jamie! John has been bugging me to stop doing so much stuff too. I'm relenting some. Right now he's on his hands and knees scrubbing paint spots off the tile! It was on my list to do. So I'm sitting and knitting and behaving myself. I plan to spend tomorrow pretty much just sitting too (sewing drapes!). :angel:

Hi weezy, so pleased you are sitting back and being the supervisor.. much more fun rather than doing the task... And you are having fun knitting - what are you knitting?

Don't go overdoing it with the sewing though, take breaks every now and then, drapes can get quite heavy to sew, I have had experience with that task :)

Hey Poppet....I'm just finishing the sleeves on a cabled cardigan...a rather "utilitarian" sweater. Yeah, taking breaks while sewing is important, especially with these drapes because they're huge and heavy--84" long x 72" wide--PLUS the outer fabric is a heavy velvet corduroy WITH blackout lining. I have four panels left to finish up. Fortunately, John helped me pin the linings last night so the hardest part is done. Now the boring part--stitching them and then doing all of the grommets.

It's hard to not stay obsessively busy right now...the waiting is so tough, as we all know. I'm so brain dead from lack of sleep that I pretty much shut down my business for the duration and turned down teaching jobs this quarter so I'm not even working right now. Geez I wish I'd been smarter about swimming in the deeper part of the gene pool! :cry:

Weezy

OMG....last night was the worst yet. I had been taking it pretty easy and the pain levels went down a bit. Of course, I was starting to wonder if I really needed my hips replaced; however, I was busy and on my feet a fair amount yesterday and guess what? AGONY. PURE, UNADULTERATED AGONY. I only ironed about 5 shirts and did a little picking up/clearing stuff before the housecleaners come on Monday. Had to have hubby help pull me up this morning so I could get out of bed.

Gee, I wonder if we have to quit anti-inflammatories 10 days before surgery just to convince us we really NEED to get the THRs??? :gaah: OK, sarcasm mode off. I'll find out surgery time tomorrow. Just have to get through a couple more nights. Days I can handle by distracting myself, but the nights are the worst....even listening to a boring book on tape isn't helping sleep much right now.

Weezy

Hey Weezy - only one more full day to go! I hope your pain subsides a bit. This weather sure isn't helping! I'll be thinking of you on the 16th and knowing it will all go great.

-nerdgrrl

Thanks, Nerdgrrl! I can't wait .... although of course I have trepidation. Another really bad night just reinforces the need.

Weezy

Weezy I think you're right about why one has to quit anti-inflamatory meds before hip replacement surgery - to show you you really do need it! I remember those 10 days as being just hideous! :boohoo: :yikes: Don't fret though - once the surgery is over you'll catch up on your sleep cuz your body will tell you it's time to rest NOW! :zzz: Oh and don't lose the sarcasm mode - that and regular ol' humor will help a lot ;) :snork: One more day and one more night and you're on you're way to a new and better way of walking and living :) :bicycle1: I'll be rooting for you and looking for you on the other side - from one Pacific NW Bilateral to another

Hey Deb....where are you located in the PNW? Enjoying the rain? At least it now seems normal as opposed to so much nice weather. :yikes:

I think I'm looking forward to the sleep more than anything...actually, sleep disruption from pain was the first thing I really noticed, although I had myself convinced for about a year or more that it was "muscular" and not joint related. Ha! Hubby still hasn't stopped saying "I told you so!" He told me right at the beginning to get my hips x-rayed because he was sure it was joint related.

Weezy

I always really feel for you guys having to quit all pain meds for a whole week pre-surgery. We are not only not required to do that in the UK, but in the admission letter, we are actually told to take our regular dose of pain meds before departure if an early admission for morning surgery or at lunch time if afternoon surgery. Hardly seems fare, does it?

Weezy - I'm in Portland, Or. - and yes actually I am liking the rain - my garden and lawn desperately need it! Maybe once you're well on the way to the new normal we can do a meet up and compare scars and toast our surgeons :martini: :cocktail:

Hey Deb--I grew up in Portland! Northeast/Montavilla area to be exact; went to Madison HS.

I often get down that way...aside from the fabric stores, I still have a few childhood friends that I visit.

Weezy

Weezy,

Hope you have a good night tonight. Try not to let your mind race too much if that's even possible! :spin: I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and how glad you'll be getting to the other side!!!

dede62

Thanks Dede! I'm staying up as late as I can to drink water...watching TV...everything is done, so now I just have to wait. Surgery is scheduled for noonish and I can't have any liquids after 2 a.m., so I'm drinking up until then!

Weezy

All the best today hope it all goes well. Don't be surprised if you feel as if you've been hit by a truck both physically and mentally it goes very quickly.

Weezy I understand the no inflamatories I could not take the diclofenic 14 days before surgery as it increases bleeding. The codine paracetamol combination was not quite strong enough.

Good luck for the 16th weezy... I look forward to catching up with you post surgery...

I wish you well and a speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Plerea
Recent bookmarks
Back