Alex's elephant ride

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Josephine, Alex, and anyone else who remembers me. You asked for updates on how we are doing, so thought I would do a quick post. I had a THR just over 2 years ago, which went well apart from having lots of restrictions put on by the surgeon. Although told never to try tying shoelaces, I have gradually become more flexible and can do that for myself now, though its a bit of a stretch ! Still can't cut my own toenails though, but otherwise doing great - walking fine, no pain apart from the odd ache if I try to bend over too much while gardening.

My youngest son got married in October in Zimbabwe, and when I told the doctor at the hospital that I wanted to ride an elephant while there he nearly fell off his chair.

However after giving me detailed instructions on getting on and off the elephant, with promises that I would be really careful, they wished me well, and gave me an xray to make sure everything was looking good. I was told not to fall over under any circumstances though !

The wedding went well, and the elephant ride was fantastic, although there was an elderly man there with some sort of hip problem who had to stop half way through as he was in too much pain (you ride on it like a horse). I patted lion cubs, saw Victoria Falls, and saw wild hippo on a river cruise. No problem with my hip at all, though getting on and off the elephant was a bit awkward. Happy New Year to everyone.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Music_Man
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom