THR Muscular dystrophy?

Shortyb

Country
United States United States
So muscular dystrophy runs in my family but I haven’t had any symptoms yet and am choosing to not be tested for it at this time. My grandmother had both hips and knees replaced at an early age and had MD quite bad. I just turned 45 and my LTHR is the result of slipping on ice. Im wondering if anyone knows of any or has had any potential issues with surgery or recovery time due to MD?

@Shortyb Have you discussed your family history of MD with your surgeon? I did a search here on BoneSmart but did not come up with any member who had reported having this problem. I think the best person to advise you about any possible problems IF you do have MD, would be your surgeon.

The first surgeon I saw was only my doctor for that one visit and it had honestly not crossed my mind at the time since I had just been told by him that I needed hip replacement surgery. I will have an appt with my actual surgeon at the beginning of March, and I definitely plan on mentioning it to him at that time. I haven’t come across any articles mentioning it either so I thought I’d check here.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bassetmom
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom