I'm home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon

well here i am finally on the other side! My surgery went well, took 2 hours instead of the 45 minutes it should have. Dr said he had to take his time to make sure everything was a perfect fit since i had hip surgery when i was 5. He also made my legs the same length. The first time PT got me up to walk i passed out! My blood counts were low and i ended up getting 2 units of blood. After that i began to feel better and regain my strength. I am still moving really slow but i know it will get better as time goes along. I have the 90 degree restriction, can't cross my legs, or turn my op leg inward. I am so paranoid that i am going to dislocate my hip! I'm excited that i finally have my hip fixed and am looking very forward to this summer getting around with my 3 kids and husband!:th_yahoo:

Welcome to the other side Shannon. Well done!

Please don't worry about dislocating. If you follow your restrictions you will be just fine. I was so worried as well. Somehow the body knows what it needs to do.

Rest and do let us know how you get on.

Well Shannon well done to you I so envy you, its all over. Take good care now and the future will look after itself. I am so happy for you!!!:smile:

Welcome to recovery, Shannon!!! It sounds like you came through surgery just fine. The fainting and need for blood are things that can happen, but once you're over those little humps, you should sail through just fine. I'm with Jaycey....don't stress about dislocation. It very rarely happens and should never be an issue with your following your restrictions. They won't last forever and then you'll be on your way to a new, more active life!

Good job! You'll be fine - if you ever get within yards of dislocation, you will know all about it, trust me! It's not like dropping your car keys and not realising it!

Great to hear your home and doing so well.

I'm just a few days ahead of you and would suggest

1. Follow all the rules
2. Keep moving and exercising as your body tells you to.
3. Don't over do, But don't vegitate
4. When it happens, make a note of the date when you can't clearly remember
how much it used to hurt. It will happen.
Please keep us posted.....Best of Luck

Welcome to the "other side"---the better side of life, if you will. You are exactly correct; come this summer, you will not be able to believe how great you will feel while you enjoy the weather with your husband and kids!

Please keep us updated on how things are going!

Tim C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
IceWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back