THR Dupuy Prosthesus

kathibean01

Country
United States United States
I had my preopp testing and asked anout possible rejection to implant as I have nickle allergy with some jewelry! The nurse said he uses Dupuy prosthesis and not sure of the metal but I should be sure and discuss before surgery that day! Said he would fit me that day!

is metal rejection even a worry in 2024?

@kathibean01 From what I can read about the Dupuy prosthesis, the metal parts are made of titanium. And the socket and ball are ceramic (which is industry standard these days). So it appears this would be a good implant for you.

You can also use the search function here at BoneSmart and put in the words "Dupuy" Or Dupuy prosthesis" to see other threads that mention this.

Thank you! I should be in good shape! At this point I’m trying to not talk my self out of the surgery for fear!

My X-ray was alarming to see bone on bone stage 4! Now off all pain killers but tylenol, I must have masked it all these years with otc drugs and creams!

If I just search the net I get Dupuy recalls and lawsuits on their metal on metal which caused issues and the fda doesn’t allow those anymore!

A friend had to have a Stryker hip removed and replaced due to a recall! I’m not sure I want 2 surgeries! He has no idea what they put in him now! I would have wanted to know!

One advise he gave is to get off the pain drugs as soon as you can!

I’ll let everyone know how it goes Tuesday!

Best of luck! We'll be waiting for your thread in the hip recovery area!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Becky56
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom