• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Conformis anyone?

You can do it. So many of us were in pain but terrified about the surgery. It is a big deal but 9 out of 10 people who had it done have been happy with the results. I'm a bit younger than some of you at not quite 60, but it had gotten to the point it was becoming near impossible to work and i couldn't afford to retire yet.

I was sure I'd be the tenth one who was miserable or I would die on the operating table. But nothing bad happened to me. A fair amount of pain for the first 2 or 3 weeks but like Susieshoes said, the pain had been so bad before I was used to it. It took me maybe 5 or 6 weeks to get back to the point I was before surgery and it was all improvement from there.

Today I'm 7 months out and living a normal life. I'm doing things I haven't done in years, like biking, shopping all day (presurgery i couldnt last through a trip to walmart without a riding cart). And best of all, walking as much as i want. Im glad i had it done and it was so worth it.

In spite of your fear, reach out and find a surgeon you feel good about. I interviewed 3 before choosing my surgeon. Ask questions, research, ask more questions. I expect you will be able to find a good surgeon and get your life back.

I was so afraid of the surgery and the pain, and not being happy with the result. But finally, I just decided my quality of life sucked and I had to do it. So I had my first one done last Friday. It is so much better than I expected. Everyone‘s experience is different, of course, but I hope you will consider it.

You really deserve to have the best quality of life you can.

I know you will be able to find a surgeon who meets your specifications. Don’t settle for less. And you will be happy when the bone on bone pain is gone. You can do this. Your quality of life is important and you matter. Hugs...

I have been in pain for several weeks this time with hip pain to add to my bone on bone knees. Since reading tons of threads here I took Josephine’s advice and took some Tylenol. It worked! I never had much faith in it because if I had a headache it never worked but somehow it works on ortho pain. Thank you Josephine and forum. I am not pain free it it does help better than Naproxin or Advil.

Thank you Eeek and Beckadeez ! I am still on the fence and trying to find a good doc.

Jajakio, thank you for your encouragement and kind words too!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley