• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THR #2 (L) Anterior THR Complete

I posted this over a week ago but for some reason it has no views and no responses. Did I do it incorrectly? Thanks
It's a shame that your post was somehow overlooked.
I guess that ordinary members didn't know what to reply and possibly staff had other distractions.
Our staff members are all voluntary and sometimes our private lives have to take precedence. I do know that several staff members currently have a lot to deal with in their families.

We'll try to respond more quickly in future.

Tks Caryl, I really appreciate it and no worries at all. I believe I know what happened and am glad it's corrected. Appreciate the words of wisdom. I definitely need to be more patient that's for sure. I have written and am presenting my surgeon with the letter at my follow-up on the 15th. Hopefully it goes well. I'll let you guys know. Take Care,

Rob

Wow, what an experience you had during your surgery. Glad you got through it ok and are on the other side and recovering now.
Tks Kevin, me as well. My Surgeon is great thankfully, it's just gaining an understanding of the fact that everyone else involved during either pre or post-op can and often do change depending on the day of the week, shift, etc. Thankfully I won't need another hip replacement but I know now that I without a doubt prefer Tuesday vs. Friday surgery days. Take Care,

Rob

@rkoldschool@com great that you're putting your experience in writing to your surgeon. I think you said before he was Chief before so that's good. I still recommend that you provide your information to the CEO of the hospital. The Chief of Surgery probably doesn't have the ability to control everyone you end up dealing with during your recovery, stay and discharge.

I really sympathize with you, have a similar story from my hip replacement as well. It seems the surgeon's team and the hospital staff do not talk to each other. At least that was my take from my situation and they all pointed fingers at the other.

On a somewhat humorous note, I unfortunately was held captive overnight recently at the same hospital and on the same floor as my hip replacement. I must say the staff on that floor had improved by leaps and bounds. Just wish I could say that for the rest of the folks I dealt with during this stay. That's ok, another letter will be going out! :heehee:

Sorry that I missed your post too, not sure how I did that but we're here now. I actually used my walker for 3-4 weeks, especially if I was out in public, per the physical therapist. I used my cane for quite a while as well working to break that limp that has developed. Really had to concentrate on that heal to toe walking. Was much more interested in form than distance. You'll kind of know it's time to ditch the cane when you start forgetting it everywhere! :snork:

Sorry that I missed your post too, not sure how I did that but we're here now. I actually used my walker for 3-4 weeks, especially if I was out in public, per the physical therapist. I used my cane for quite a while as well working to break that limp that has developed. Really had to concentrate on that heal to toe walking. Was much more interested in form than distance. You'll kind of know it's time to ditch the cane when you start forgetting it everywhere! :snork:
This is becoming my experience with the walker and cane too. The walker started "annoying" me and it became too much trouble to lug it around from floor to floor and the cane is now my go to. Now that I'm on the cane 100%, I'm noticing that I'm forgetting the cane a lot more. I shower without the cane etc. deliberately because again, its too much trouble having to dry it off and empty the water off it etc...lol. I'm trying really hard to stop forgetting the cane because I do NOT want to have a fall and the cane relieves that anxiety.

Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a lovely weekend and the coming week is all you want it to be. :)
@rkoldschool@com

PS an early Happy One Year Anniversary, Righty. :wave:

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your story, and I hope you're doing very well since you last posted! :)
I am new here and NERVOUSLY awaiting my THR (not scheduled yet). I'm so glad
your SURGERY went well, but everrrrrything afterwards was horrible, and those
are the kinds of things that make me NOT want to get the surgery even more!

I'd love to know when/ if you hear back from the "suits" you sent your letter to!
As you know, it doesn't excuse the shoddy treatment you got, but it is
always nice to get an apology (at least ? ) I'd REALLY like to know if that
doctor will ever admit he flat-out LIED about this faux conversation!
And, what's with the YELLING in
the other room? OMG, AND, he ordered a med for you that you're
ALLERGIC to? (I had a similar story, and that's why I am
terrified to have this surgery!!!!)

Oh yes, and let's not forget the nurse who also LIED
and said you "refused assistance to move to the edge of the bed." UGH! :no-fin:
And then someone else on this thread mentions a similar story---scary!

Did I misunderstand, or did you say you were STANDING UP when
the nurse slammed your vein with Versed? And, you may already
know this, but IV Versed is supposed to be administered S-L-O-W-L-Y!
I've seen / heard stories of toooooo many nurse who just DON'T CARE, and
they slam it in.

And it's not just your story that terrify me---I have heard SO MANY
similar ones from people I know, AND something similar
happened to me after a major surgery! And it seems to
ALWAYS be in the time between being in post-op, then moving
to their room. Either they don't get adequate pain meds in post-op
AND/OR, once they're in their room, those nurses don't have
the correct orders, etc. while the patient waits and waiiiiits, with
their pain getting worse and worse, and meanwhile, the
surgeon STILL hasn't called back. WHY does this happen
so often?

Another thing I've thought of is that medical
staff are SO. EXHAUSTED. from Covid, that just adds to
my fears that there will be errors. I HATE it when people
say "you worry too much." Ugh, yes---because I have VALID
reasons to worry!!!

Sorry for my novel, but I am so angry for you!
Hope you're doing GREAT!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom