2 Hips Done 2 Knees To Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Julie sorry to hear you're really going through it with your knees. I had both done separately this year but looking back I think I could have coped with having both done together. Not that having the first one done put me off - far from it, I was actually keen to get the other one done but it would have been nice to just have one hospital stay and one recovery if even it did turn out to be tougher and a bit longer.

It's an individual decision but you're young and look as if you're in fairly good shape so I would imagine it wouldn't be too bad for you. :thumb:

Keep us posted and hope you get a date for surgery soon.

That's good to hear and I know it won't be easy right at first, but again what in life is easy. :DOH: I will keep you posted. I'm hoping the sooner the better so I can heal and enjoy most of next year. :thumb:

Ah, the cruel truth of it!

You most certainly will!!!!

I feel like I'm getting worse each day. I go back to OS on 14th. They both hurt all day and when sleeping too. Now along with that, my L3-L4 herniated disc in back is REALLY bothering me. I believe it's that. Same area as last year before they figured out it was really my hips, but they are now replaced. I can feel the knots in the low back and can barely get up and walk and getting in and out of a car is awful. I think I may go to urgent care tomorrow. I'm doing my low back excercises, I have my pain meds, muscle relaxers, etc. and nothing is working. UGH...... When is something going to go right??? :hissyfit:

Sorry to hear your back's giving you pain Julie, if it's not one thing it's another!:sigh: Hope you can get some relief soon. Will be thinking of you.:thumb:

Well I went back to OS today for check up after injections and told him no relief from them. As of now we will just wait it out and first I need to get my back in order. I've been suffering from low back pain for last 2 weeks and I have herniated discs and since my hip replacements are done, he said my hips are good to go and don't need to see him for 5 years for that and his opinion is that it's my back as well and not related to hips. So I see Neuro next Tuesday.

Knees - he said when I can't do it no more and am then ready, come back in and we'll get things scheduled. He said as long as I'm healthy he'll do bilateral and he will do cemented Zimmer Gender knee.

Sounds like you got a plan going. I hope everything gets taken care of with your back soon, so you can focus on your knees. Good Luck:thumb:

Hi Julie

Good news as I read it for your knees but your back; not so good. I know that back problems can be very difficult to solve but I'm sure you are seeing someone good that will resolve it for you.

Do you have an idea when you might book in to have your knees done? There sure are a lot of BTKR's on the forum to follow and so many of them recovering so well and moving on with their lives :thumb:.

Good luck and take care of that back :bathtub:

Thanks Jo & Sheryl!! I can't believe how many BTKR there are. I want to be a part of that crowd so I can just have them done and over with, but at times I think do I really?? I'm sure you are excited about your surgery coming up very soon. I've been following many of the BTKR and single ones and I think I know what to expect. The one good thing is that I've now experience 2 hip replacements this year, so I do have an idea of what is in store. I'm going to become a pro here soon. :biggrin:

You know, it's hard to say when. He told me when enough is enough and last night when I went to bed, once again they both just HURT all night long. They hurt the most in bed sleeping and it's just so strange, because they aren't doing anything !! I would think hopefully by February time.

My back.......now if I could only get relief with that. That soaking in a tub looks good.

Hey Julie - I've been wondering how your knees are doing. Sounds like your back is the priority now. How is it going now?

Donna

Just trying to figure it all out as I told you on my hip thread. :scratch:

Do I wait, do I just get the bilateral replacement scheduled now??? Decisions to figure out and like I said on other post, my son's graduation May 4th is a priority since after all it's for his Master's Degree in Accounting from the University of Florida (GO GATORS) !! Had to put that plug in. :biggrin:

The knees hurt everyday almost all day long. They are the worse at night sleeping, go figure. So needless to say my sleep has been suffering a lot. Nuclear bone scan (full) on Monday so I guess I'll find out if the AVN is in other areas as well. I have to wonder as my left shoulder hurts all the time.

Julie

You've followed me and I waited as long as possible. It wasn't worth the wait. Get it done ASAP and start the rehab. You're a tough cookie and will make the best of whatever the situation is at that time.

Either way, I'm here if you want to vent, ask, question, etc.

Play the lottery today, you just hit 777 posts!

Wouldn't that be great !! Love the hip picture. I'll have one doozie of a picture when both knees are done, too bad I won't be able to get it into one shot. Would love to see all that combined. "Full Metal Jacket" :th_heehee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Becky56
Recent bookmarks
Back