March 4th LTKR -- and still dreading recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking for comments or encouragement -- -- just a place to vent feelings of anxiety. Have 4 weeks to go -- and have been experiencing big mood swings-- from being committed to surgery to feelings of what the heck am I doing this for? Went for a walk around the bay last week, and did 2 spin classes--am going to the beach this weekend. Not being able to do those things for many many months to come is terrifying-- along with prospect of being a prisoner at home with a husband who is a pain.

I know so many of you have assured me that it's worth it in the long run, but not sure I can sustain myself with that thought.. I'm trying to prepare things to help with recovery -- will be purchasing a cold therapy device- (hospital doesn't provide and medicare/secondary doesn't pay); will buy a kindle for mindless entertainment and keeping in touch via email, and have some home care lined up. Hope that will be enough.

Anyway -- thanks for letting me vent -- I feel better/-

SarasotaLady
LTKR March 4 . 2013

Hi, just wanted to say good luck for Monday, there a couple of you due. I'm sure you'll find it will be so worth it when you are all :dancy: Again. I'm in weds, I'll look out for your post op message when you're feeling up to it.

Im not looking forward to staying home during recovery but am trying to be positive and making sure everything is ready bd I've got plenty of books nd tv to watch. :flwrysmile:

Yes, I guess I'll just have to come up with some other goals -- I understand there are lots of free college courses online now , taking up; a new language -- and i learned about online scrabble .
SarasotaLady
Arthroscopy Dec. 2011
LTKR scheduled March 4, 2013
l
-
First of all, I wish you the best. I have started playing Words With Friends and it has been fun, I also enjoy Scrabble.
Mood swings, yes, last week was my weepy mood and this week "it hurts", leave me alone mood. I try to keep thinking this is going to be so much better. You are not alone here, I have found.
I am sure you will do well with the help of this Forum. I think I will also check into the "lounge Dr", good idea.
Best of luck,
Kim
RTKR February 18, 2013

Hi SarasotaLady
I am in Sarasota also, and having my right knee replaced on the same day as you, March 4th.
Had my left done 3 months ago and carpal tunnel surgery in both hands three weeks ago.
I can hardly wait to the 4th, get it done and start the recovery :yikes:. Found this great site today and came across your post and had to reply. My take on knee replacement surgery, does it hurt ..............yes :boohoo: drugs good, yes:sleep: but its not all that bad.:rolleyes: I was surprised how fast things progressed , one week with the walker two days with my cane and then I was a free-bird.:happydance: The biggest help to me was ice,ice,ice and do the exercise and stay with it.
Right now I can bend my leg so my heal is three inches from my butt, walk two miles and ride my bike ten miles.
My right knee is holding me back now, but not for long, come on March 4th.:yahoo:

Best of luck.....:wink:

Brian.........................:bicycle1:

how's it going 10.jpg
I heard you're getting a left knee replacement on Monday. Don't forget to start a new thread in the knee recovery area when you first post for the "other side". I'll be looking forward to your post. Lots of luck and all the best for a successful surgery.

Take care----we care. valentine cat 17.jpg

Good luck Sarasotalady, I will be thinking of you. I hope all goes well and wish you a very smooth recovery.
Toothfairy x :happydance: :yay:

Hi Sarasotalady, I hope all went well with your op. post on the recovery side and let us know how you are getting on when you feel up to it.
Meantime don't forget we all care and are wishing you well,
Toothfairy x :cheers: :happydance: :egypdance:

Hey, there Sarasotalady--how'd it go? Haven't seen any of your posts on the Recovery area, so contacting you here. Hated my Footsmart Leg Elevator (it's since become a kitty bed). Followed the advice here and just ordered the Lounge Doctor (small, wide, memory-foam). Can't seem to shake the image of a mid-1970s Bill Murray on "SNL" clad in a white consult coat, crooning smarmily in the cocktail lounge of a ski lodge and holding a stethoscope rather than a microphone to his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean