Triumphant return after 3 years

SugarMonky

Country
United States United States
So it's been slightly more than three years since my THR on the left. I had a core decompression done on the right almost 15 years ago now. Welp, I had some major pain recently that even my super high pain tolerance self couldn't deal with. Seriously, I can break a toe and be just like "oh bother, where's the tape." Went to see my ortho and he found my right femur head has partially collapsed along with some bone spurs, cysts, and no joint space left.

He asked when I want to do surgery and I was like "can we wait til after construction season?" (I'm an engineer for my city). He was like "when's that?"... october... he goes "um, yeah, no, sooner."

So right now I need to work out with my husband and boss when works for everybody. The doc needs a month lead time after July 4 to get the right drill parts to take out the core decompression (mine is metal, not bone) so I'm thinking it may be likely I will be a THR patient again come end of August/early September.

Honestly, not even scared like I was last time. I would like the pain to go away.

I realize you need to balance work issues but do not forget to make yourself a priority also in choosing a date.

:welome:back!
I found BoneSmart after your debut. But glad to know OS wants to get this sorted sooner than later.
We will be following your continuing journey to healthy and happy.:loveshwr:

my right femur head has partially collapsed along with some bone spurs, cysts, and no joint space left.
OUCH! My left hip did this - you have my sympathies! Do get this done as soon as you possibly can. The longer you wait the harder the recovery. Walking all wrong trying to stay off a bad hip impacts many other areas of your body.

Hello :wave: @SugarMonky
Welcome back! It's great you're not anxious this time around.
Wishing you comfort as you move toward a date. Let us know when you get it scheduled.
Will look forward to following your recovery.

Yeah @SugarMonky I'm just short of three yrs for my other hip. Sounds like maybe you need to get this done like "now". I'm bone on bone working till 2weeks before surgery and I can barely walk without sharp pain. There are times when others need to schedule around what we've "got" to do for the long haul not a work schedule. I understand you're trying to take care of business however as you know that pain is going to drain you of everything. You take care, get some down time.

I agree with those who've already posted--get the dang surgery done as soon as you can! You really aren't giving of yourself 100%, either personally or professionally, and it's really time, I think, to put yourself at the top of your priority list. Hip pain is horrible, and doesn't get worse and it definitely impacts gait and can cause other problems as well with knees, legs and even feet as I've read on Bonesmart. You've had the surgery before, so you know you can get through it and recover--by year's end, if you can get the surgery done soon, you'll be good to go, @SugarMonky@ --2020 should be a grand year for you.

I thought I had alerts turned on for this, but I guess I didn't. So sorry for "disappearing" as I thought no one was replying :D

Right now I am looking at likely the first part of September. I'm going to give my OS's scheduler a call this week and see what I can get lined up. My main project will be over and the secondary project can survive without me at that point.

Plenty of time to get your BS cheering squad on the ready.
Double hippy by the holidays!:yes!:

Good for you, @SugarMonky! Putting yourself at the top of your priority list is the way to go! I always said that if I dropped dead tomorrow somehow work would always go on, so glad you are being sensible and going to get this surgery scheduled. My first hip replacement was last September, and I was good to go by the first of the following year, until my second hip started acting up. Anyway, you know what to expect and you'll be in fine form by 2020, and a fully bionic woman--hurray for you!

Happy Monday! :wave:
Let us know when you get it scheduled and your signature will be updated.
I hope you're able to hold out comfortably enough so it works within the time frame your shooting for.
In the meantime....Enjoy the Summer!
@SugarMonky

Woo, hoo, @SugarMonky! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and August 9 will be here before you know it. Concentrate on staying distracted and as active as you can. You've been down this road before so I'm hoping you are remembering the great outcome from hip #1, and are less nervous and anxious than others who've never had the surgery before.

That's a whole lotta 9's in that surgery date!
Is that your lucky number? It must be. The day you lose the hip pain :yes!:
Happy Friday! Wishing you comfort and a peaceful weekend.
@SugarMonky

@julesglass Doing OK. I've had to step up using some heavier pain killers than my standard OTC stuff. I'm actually anxious to get this over with since I know how much better I'll feel on the new hip.

Surgery is Monday! I'm currently hurting soooo bad that I am both nervous for surgery but happy that this pain will be gone. I can't sleep comfortably, can't sit well, etc.

Good to hear from you @SugarMonky and next Mon date. That's my 3yrs anniversary on righty! You'll still have some time to enjoy Autumn with the pain put in the past were it belongs.:yes!: carry on girl the finish line is within reach! :walking:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom