Recent content by Yonnie53

  1. Y

    THR Recovery update and a question about thigh pain<

    Hi all, Quick update on my progress at 14 weeks post op. The discomfort I described at top of my thigh is slowly receding and mobility/strength in my op leg continues to improve. I dialled back all the exercises as advised and restricted activities to normal daily living stuff and walking on...
  2. Y

    THR Recovery update and a question about thigh pain<

    @Josephine Thanks for your reply. I take on board your advice regarding the exercises/PT and will stop those. I use the treadmill/elliptical only because my current location (I work abroad in a 'restrictive environment' for 8-12 weeks at a time) gives me very little space or opportunity to...
  3. Y

    THR Recovery update and a question about thigh pain<

    @Josephine, on your diagram, the diminishing pain would be narrower than shown, roughly along the line between L2F and L3F, ending at the inside/top of my knee. answers to your questions in blue below. 1. Lateral approach I think, the scar is on the side of my hip, approx. 6in long. 2...
  4. Y

    THR Recovery update and a question about thigh pain<

    Hi @Josephine, thank you for responding to my question. The pain I feel is most intense at TL2F and VL2F with a diminishing level of discomfort along the line of W-Z L2F/L3F. The pain occurs when I raise my thigh upwards, for example, if I'm lying down and try to lift my leg upwards from the...
  5. Y

    THR Recovery update and a question about thigh pain<

    Hi @Lski, thanks for your welcome and I hope you are recovering well too! I remember week 4, things started to ease a lot by then and getting a good nights sleep in my own bed began to happen. I think I spent the first 3 weeks sleeping in a zero gravity recliner chair, which was brilliant for...
  6. Y

    THR Recovery update and a question about thigh pain<

    Hi all, I discovered this very informative site a while ago but never got around to posting. I had a left THR on 5 Jun 2018 after 11 years of managing hip pain from osteoarthritis. Eventually the pain got so bad that my quality of life was beginning to suffer. Unable to enjoy walks with my...
Back
Top Bottom