Recent content by Yerdua

  1. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    July 1st will be 4 months since my bilateral TKR. It has been an extremely difficult time and my ROM is slow but coming. Right is 97, Left 91. Swelling minimal. But for the last month every night and daytime if resting, my left knee (which needed to be replaced 8 years ago but I waited) is...
  2. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    Thanks for the advice. I am worried about how little my knees bend after 3 months and the stiffness in my muscles . I pray it will keep improving but what is the deadline that MUA won't work? How much time do I give this before considering it?
  3. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    I am 3 months out from bilateral knee replacement surgery and my ROM is only 96 right knee and 88 left knee. Why especially after walking or standing only 5 minutes do my knees still get incredibly stiff and ligaments tight and hurt? I find after doing heel slides on the wall they get...
  4. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    I am happy to say after 10 weeks of getting Bilateral knee replacement surgery I finally got 90 rom on my right knee and 86 on my left! I was for the first time able to do rotation on a bike! This has and is a very difficult recovery for me. I was in Bermuda for 6 days and had to walk alot and...
  5. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    Without PT all the research and doctors say I won't get ROM . I am so confused .
  6. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    I am 9 weeks out of BTKR Bilateral knee replacement surgery and after walking maybe an hour on and off they get so stiff. My ROM Range of motion is also poor. Right knee 87 Left knee 80. PT physical therapy since beginning 3 times a week , 90 minutes each time . Plus at home. Nighttime is the...
  7. Y

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Hi brentsmith, I am sorry to hear this. I have just started doing stairs (8 weeks now) and I find it really is helping me . I still can't do a rotation on a bike. I have read accupuncture ( trigger point especially ) can help and diet. The admins here have great advice maybe they can recommend...
  8. Y

    MUA 5 week failure<

    I so understand. I am now 8 weeks BTKR and only at 86 right knee and 80 left. Crying, depression , frustrated , feeling like you do a failure. The advice at bonesmart really helped me . As for exercises I have found heel slides on my bed or couch and putting my feet (toes in sneakers) against...
  9. Y

    Bilateral TKR 6 months post double tkr - still feeling vice grip

    Just had my 90 minutes pt and not happy. Therapist was massaging my hamstring behind left knee (had BTKR) and told her too painful . My rom 8 weeks is only 80 in that knee, 86 in R, and I listened to everyone here and eased up on hpme exercises . She said it was really tight and guarding . I...
  10. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    I like your way better!
  11. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    I find the ropes help me stretch my tight muscles and I don't pull as much as I did before reading everyone's advice. My knees loosen up afterwards so I just don't do them everyday anymore, just 3 times a week. I still ice and most of the time it feels great but makes me feel stiffer. I think...
  12. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    Meant both knees and lying d9wn Plus sometimes now icing hurts instead of help. I am 8 weeks today No pt yesterday but I did drive alot and errands.
  13. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    Again great and inspiring advice. I feel for me my pt's are so good they make me physically and mentally feel better . For me and the difficult time I am having with rom they are really helping. Question: last night my left knees only when trying to sleep were in tremendous pain. A different...
  14. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I also was told I had to reach 90 by 2 weeks. I had Bilateral knee replacement and the pain made it impossible for me to do it. I was sent to rehab for 10 days after 3 days in the hospital. I left only having 51 ROM. At my 2 week check up my...
  15. Y

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    Thank God for intuition. Even though my surgeon said to have my husband push down on my knee I felt it was too aggressive and never did it. All your suggestions are so much better and I am so sorry for posting what he said. He is a very highly regarded surgeon but I don't listen if my gut says...
Back
Top Bottom