Recent content by wordwizard

  1. wordwizard

    Pain medications - help

    Well, almost 5 months out. My MUA in January was an utter disaster. Had a bad reaction to the spinal and got something called "transient radicular irritation" which is just medical jargon for unbearable radiating back and leg pain from the lidocaine in the spinal, which happens especially...
  2. wordwizard

    TKR nausea week s after surgery

    I tried to look at my stay in the hospital as a vacation on morphine. I didn't have to do laundry, dishes, clean cat boxes, or be aggravated at teenagers throwing clothes around and leaving dishes all over the place. My husband dealt with it. I laid there, in almost ZERO pain, watched TV...
  3. wordwizard

    PKR Dragonflywoods 2 days post op PKR

    Good grief... I am only at 100 degrees and I'm 10 weeks out from a PKR! Sounds to be me like you have an entirely too aggressive PT schedule at this point. I only got out of the hospital after 2 days and my "PT" consisted of a home therapist who waited almost a week before having me do simple...
  4. wordwizard

    Pain medications - help

    I know we should use our recovery thread over and over but I can't figure out how to find my original one, so I'm sorry for starting a new one. I had my left lateral PKR (yes, a rare one) on 11/11/13 and it's been up and down. I have only read 103 degrees of flexion (with pain) after a lot of...
  5. wordwizard

    TKR My Nightmare

    I am speechless.. And I am in your area. My OS is a surgeon out of Dartmouth Hitchcock in Manchester NH. There's so many things wrong with your story I don't even know where to begin. I was in 48 hrs with a partial knee, home with Oxycontin 20 mg every 12 hours, 5-10 mg of Percocet every 3 hrs...
  6. wordwizard

    Pain medications - help

    Well, that's good to hear, although with hours of being numb with a spinal, I'd be surprised if I didn't have the catheter. Ugh. And I hate that because without fail after they take it out, I can't pee for 12-24 hrs. I guess I assumed I'd have an IV for the "pain control" otherwise they'd...
  7. wordwizard

    Pain medications - help

    I am 2 months out from my PKR and ROM is not good, particularly for a partial. What can I expect in the way of pain? I am having a spinal with sedation, then 24 hrs in the hospital in a CPM machine for "pain management"... That doesn't sound promising. I wonder if I'm going to making trips to...
  8. wordwizard

    Pain medications - help

    1. Pain level is about 4 to 5 (stiffness is a major problem). Sitting still is a 0-1 for discomfort. My knee cap is exceptionally tight. I have ROM of about 8 degree extension and 88 degree flexion. It does interfere with ADL's like dressing myself, etc. Not enough flexion yet. 2. I take...
  9. wordwizard

    Pain medications - help

    Hi, I'm new here. I'm 53 and had a left lateral partial knee replacement on 11/11/13 for what turns out to be tibial plateau hypoplasia (long word for underdeveloped and very tiny area of bone/cartilage where it meets my femur in my knee, lateral or outer compartment). The front and inner side...
Back
Top Bottom