Thanks ladies. I appreciate your feedback. @DebCoz I took your advice and decided to stop the Gabapentin cause it didn’t help and I agree that Tramadol is basically worthless. I am sticking to Aleve.
Here’s a question for you people who’ve been through the TKR surgery. I’m two months out...
Well ladies I have found a cure! I’m week 11. As of last Saturday, having pain daily at a level of 5-7. I had given up hope. I was also struggling with plantar fascitis on my surgical side. I was just plain miserable! The pain was so bad some days I had to take a Hydrocodone. But Sunday I...
So far the Gabapentin isn’t making me too sleepy. Yesterday I had to crawl across my bed to loosen one of the sheet corners and my right knee started screaming at me. It throbbed in the knee cap and all down the back of my leg. It is my non-surgical side that is also bone on bone. I will...
Thanks @Celle I don’t know if I have nerve pain or not. I have neen taking Naproxin with Tramadol as the Tylenol didn’t seem to do anything. He also ran labs on me to make sure I don’t have an infection. I will try the Gabapentin this weekend before I think about driving.
Went to see my surgeon today at ten weeks post-op. He says I should not be having pain or balance issues. He says I can continue to take Tramadol but he’s putting me on Gabapentin and says it may make me sleepy but I’m safe to drive now.
I’m now ten weeks out and am still suffering with pain levels of 5-6 and sometimes 7 on the pain scale. I’m taking Tramadol and Aleve and it doesn’t seem to help. I’m walking and exercising and resting, icing, etc. Glad to be able to ice and elevate at work but that won’t last much longer...
@nuttybrunette My surgeon doesn’t recommend the cpm machine anymore so I have no experience with it. For pain control I just wanna say don’t let anyone shame you for being in pain. If it hurts, it hurts! Try to keep up with your pain meds and don’t let it get out of control. The first few...
I just wanted to add that when I went to the movie, I sat where I could elevate my leg on a bar. I wouldn’t advocate trying to keep your knee bent that long. That would hurt too much!
Hi Pam:
Welcome to the group. I’m just finishing up my 8th week and am still riding on the struggle train like you! I think they take us off of pain pills way too soon. I am doing pt twice a week and sometimes it really helps. But last night and all day today I have been suffering with...
Thanks guys. I ordered the spiked balls to roll my feet on and the boot but the boot killed my knee so no more of that for now.
Yesterday I had pt and have been struggling ever since. Someone suggested taking Ibuprofen with Tramadol so I’m trying that while icing my knee. Geez my pain level...
Unfortunately I don’t get paid when I don’t work and my insurance is very expensive. Payments come out of my check each month. I can’t afford to take anymore time off. I am trying to take care of myself and get plenty of rest. Thanks for the heads-up about shoes! I change shoes daily but I...
I went back to work this week. I am a mental health case manager and am going to be starting a new position which will include lots of driving. My doctor has tight restrictions on me right now. I’m not allowed to drive yet. I’m still on Tramadol and I still need them! I’m better but still...
I’m going back to work on Monday. I am 8 wks out. Here is my question. It seems I have developed plantar fascitis on my surgery side. It’s very painful. Have you heard of this?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.