Recent content by Willatess

  1. W

    THR Surgery required bone grafting...

    Hi Millie, thank you for your post. It's always good to know what to expect, not that I expect to dislocate my hip. Not after 5 weeks of healing. I intend to follow doctors orders.
  2. W

    THR Surgery required bone grafting...

    Well that answered my question. Every day there's a new sensation in the hip so I'm trying to figure out what's actually happening. Does an Xray actually show how the graft is healing?
  3. W

    THR Surgery required bone grafting...

    So here is another question...how does the surgeon know when it's ok to put weight on the new hip? I'm nervous about dislocation, how would I know if the hip dislocated???
  4. W

    THR Surgery required bone grafting...

    Thank you for your help Josephine. The leg is not swollen, it just gets flushed when I stand for more that a few minutes. As soon as I elevate it the flush goes away. I guess I'm really anxious to try out my leg without aids but don't want to do anything that would slow down recovery.
  5. W

    THR Surgery required bone grafting...

    I'm 4 weeks post-op and still on crutches. All the swelling has been gone for 2 weeks but my leg gets inflamed within minutes of standing. I stopped taking Celebrex and wonder if that might be why I still have inflamation. My doctor says I can ditch the crutches after 6 weeks. I'm also...
  6. W

    THR Surgery required bone grafting...

    That was helpful, thank you Beth.
  7. W

    THR Surgery required bone grafting...

    I see my surgeon today for the first time since leaving the hospital on January 17th. Don't know how long I will have to use the walker. I'm a single Mom and except for friends, I'm pretty much doing this on my own. I hope to heal quickly. Thank you everyone for your concern, it really helps...
  8. W

    THR Surgery required bone grafting...

    So surgery required 4 hours, bone grafting and a blood transfusion. I went from believing I would be walking in a week to a weight-bearing restriction for 8 weeks. I'm glad it's over but I'm wondering how long it takes for the bone to heal around the new cup. Does anyone know?
  9. W

    THR Surgery required bone grafting...

    So I am two weeks post op and other than pretty significant restrictions, my recovery has been pretty easy. My surgery required bone grafting and took almost 4 hours. My surgeon advised me that the three screws that hold the cup in place were not as "tight"/"secure" as he would like so...
  10. W

    Having Anterior Hip Replacement Monday

    Thank you for the replies, it does help to know that this is not unusual. And for those of you that are also scheduled for Monday surgery, " May The Force Be With You".
  11. W

    Having Anterior Hip Replacement Monday

    My surgeon has told me I have deteriorated bone above the socket that may need to be filled. I'm wondering how common this condition is. He says he has seen this before. Does anyone else have this issue?
  12. W

    Recommended anesthesia for anterior total hip replacement

    I'm having surgery in two weeks and have not spoken to the anesthesiologist. I'm looking for information as to best outcome after surgery. Epidural or general? Details would be good.:thankyou:
  13. W

    Anterior without Hana Table???

    Thank you all for sharing. It makes me feel much better. I've never had surgery of any kind before and I'm a nervous wreck. I do think the surgeon I have chosen is experienced and ethical, just want to be sure I dot all the I's and cross the T's.
  14. W

    Anterior without Hana Table???

    My surgeon has recommended Anterior replacement. From everything I have read this method is becomming very popular. My surgeon however, does not use the Hana table. We have it available at our local hospital but he does not use it. My question is has anyone had anterior replacement done...
Back
Top Bottom