I'm 6 months post TKR and yesterday while I was cleaning my vaccuum cleaner handle came away and the cleaner fell on to my new knee. It's really sore to touch and has swollen a bit! Has anyone else hurt their new knees? I'm guessing ice is the answer?
@Lindylee
@Walkabout
Your pain will go don't worry it is still very early days for you.
On Monday this week I started an exercise class for which you need to ask for a referral from your GP. The trainer has put me in a gym session twice a week to build up my leg muscles but felt I was a bit...
@Walkabout
Hi. I'm from the UK as well and can agree the aftercare here is very hit and miss and as my Surgeon said "you were fine on the operating table now you have to do it yourself"!!! I am 6 months post op with no formal P/T just did exercises I found on the internet. My progress has...
@hopalong61
It's exactly the same for me no pain just uncomfortable. It's so nice to be able to share experiences and to realise other people are going through the same thing. Well done Bonesmart !
Personally I think the knee might be on the mend! I still can only do one stair at a time but...
@Josephine
Ok sorry. I'm not brilliant using computer so don't fully understand how they work on chats. When I replied to Hopslong61 I forgot to add the@ sign so I'm not sure she will get my message because of this. Or, more to the point if the messsge goes anywhere else or starts a new...
Yes it is difficult when you know that you will be eating out but hey ho it's nice to go out! The diet can wait.
It's half term here next week so the biscuits will be coming out for the grandchildren. I went for lunch with old work colleagues yesterday and they were asking after my new knee...
@hopalong61
Sorry to hear about the bug it's a drastic way to lose weight but every cloud has a silver lining! Well done you on the 3stones it's bound to help the knees. Hope you feel better soon.
I read that people were of their food after the op but sadly I wasn't one of them. I have...
Hi @Lindylee and @hopalong61
Thank you for your advice I will definitely ask for assistance if I don't feel I can manage the airport as I really could do with a holiday. I have been out and about with grandchildren this last few days and boy has this op aged me sorry to say. I know it's still...
@hopalong61
You did well. As I said I'm not going until July so still have time to improve and I'll get my daughter to do all the heavy lifting! I used to love Dioclefenic I was so upset when Voltarol stopped selling the tablets as they really worked. Yes very true side effects are not good...
@hopalong61
Hi
Nice to hear from you it's encouraging to hear other people's recovery stories. Sorry you had to have a MUA but glad you have recovered and have done well.
I am going to have to challenge myself with the stairs. Funny thing I went out this evening and it's the second time it's...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.