Recent content by Wally07

  1. W

    TKR Seven weeks post TKR

    My knee is stiff and a little swollen today after riding the recumbent for 20 minutes with low resistance. Listen to the body!
  2. W

    TKR Seven weeks post TKR

    Now at 10 weeks post op and feeling good after getting a cortisone shot in the opposite knee which had an issue. With the pain reduced, I’m able to walk so much better and do chores that I could not do two weeks ago. I can stand without pain and the squeezing sensation I was having is gone...
  3. W

    TKR Seven weeks post TKR

    Most people do not realize it can take up to a year. They believe two or three months and you should be back to all activities. The way I am walking now looks more like week one! If the other knee was not injured, I definitely would have more mobility. Generally the surgical knee seems strong at...
  4. W

    TKR Seven weeks post TKR

    Need support and advice! My other knee has continued to get worse now that the cortisone shot has worn off. I can hardly walk without a cane or grabbing onto something. To top it off I tested positive for CoVid last week so have not been to PT for 10 days. Everything is stiff and it takes five...
  5. W

    TKR Seven weeks post TKR

    Is it typical to feel uncomfortable after standing for more than 10-15 minutes? My legs ache like there is bad circulation. Compression socks help a little. I wish I could do more.. I am always lying down to avoid the aches. Ugh!!
  6. W

    TKR Seven weeks post TKR

    Thank you! I am hoping to get some relief soon (and avoid a meniscus repair) as I hear that surgery can aggravate an already arthritic knee. My main concern is how it’s currently affecting my gait and ability to walk. The decline has been very noticeable over the last few days. Very unsteady at...
  7. W

    TKR Recovery Journey Continues

    Yes, at this stage (7-8 weeks it is important to pace yourself. I look at my calendar some weeks and cringe. While social activities are a nice and necessary distraction, for me doing more than two things in a day can wipe me out. The body is obviously sending so much energy into healing. At my...
  8. W

    TKR Seven weeks post TKR

    I’ve now read other posts and it is true that everyone’s recovery is different. About a month before my RTKR I injured my other knee (small meniscus tear, perhaps) and the surgeon’s office gave me a cortisone shot. So now that I am 7 weeks post op and 2-1/2 months since the shot, guess what...
  9. W

    TKR Seven weeks post TKR

    Thanks so much for your suggestions. I think I can rehab on my own very soon. Question: Why do you prefer Tylenol instead of Advil since Advil is an anti-inflammatory?
  10. W

    TKR Seven weeks post TKR

    Hello, I am new here. So glad to find this forum Surgery was August 10 on the right knee and I did very well the first few weeks. After four in-home therapy sessions, I was pushed to start outpatient PT at three times a week. Lots of strength training and sometimes painful “massage” techniques...
  11. W

    TKR Recovery Journey Continues

    Hello, my surgery was one week after yours. Things started out okay and it felt like I was progressing but lately I’ve had lots of swelling, inflammation and a squeezing feeling around both knees. Have been to PT three times a week for six weeks! This week had to begin using a cane again due to...
Back
Top Bottom