Recent content by Vintage51

  1. V

    TKR Over Knee Cap Pain...post 10 months

    Thanks, Rest and icing it is. I have no issue with that prescription. I was looking for confirmation that the older new knee was still recovering . (I need to name the right and left knee so conversations with others aren't new old, or older new, etc.)☺
  2. V

    TKR Over Knee Cap Pain...post 10 months

    Hi gang. Simple question. I had my LTKR in March, I expected my RTKR to do the heavy lifting through the left's recovery. Recovery is good. Small victories each day. ROM is 115 and extension is -3. No meds. Not even Tylenol. However my old new knee (RTKR) hurts when I stand from a chair and...
  3. V

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Good for you. Sounds like you turned the corner. Most everyone does, but until you get there it is hard to fathom that it will get better. You may have a day in the future that sets you back a bit....but relax . ..it is all the process .
  4. V

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    After my RTKR, my extension was terrible. Much like yours. Sitting with my heal slightly raised and allowing gravity to work KILLED me. The max I could do was 1 minute! But slowly over time I was able to tolerate it more and more. Another exercise I couldn't hold for more than a minute was...
  5. V

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    I have been off line a bit and was wondering how you are doing. Sounds like you rounded the corner...and then sprinted to some imaginary finish line. I did the same thing with RTKR. Rounded the corner and then did too much. That put me on my back with ice packs the next day big time. My mantra...
  6. V

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    As Josephine says...time is the key. It's your leg, not the therapists. I'm going to out patient PT next week. 2nd knee with the same PT... good person, but I'm going to dictate the pace this time. I'm also getting a massage tomorrow too. Can't wait. So relax. Some days are not as good as...
  7. V

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Wow 100 degrees this soon from surgery. I'm at 92 degrees and feeling good about it. From experience I know this is not a competition. ROM will happen. Forcing it does no good. Next week will be better than this one. The one after that will be even better. Pain subdides. Swelling goes down...
  8. V

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    With both surgeries (left and right knee) the week after surgery was the worst of it. I too had painful lower leg with my first knee. I was discouraged because I didn't understand the recovery. The second week I felt better and by the 4th week, I felt human again. Fast forward to my LTKR, (3...
  9. V

    2016 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    Perhaps too late to be added to this list. New to posting, but not reading. HAD my LTKR on March 29th. Date of my RTKR was July 19, 2015 Hoping for same successful recovery with some adjustments, like no Oxy this time
Back
Top Bottom