Recent content by Vintage barbie

  1. Vintage barbie

    TKR 8 days post-op

    Hi all, I had TKR on my right knee on 7-7-2014. I went back to teaching 8-4-2014, and went to all my pre-meetings last week of July. By 4 weeks I was 125 ROM and -1. I am still doing great except for today - low pressure came in and for first time since before surgery my knee hurts. I walk...
  2. Vintage barbie

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    18 days post-op. Very lucky we used glue instead of stitches or staples
  3. Vintage barbie

    TKR 8 days post-op

    Wow DanaDelight!! First of all, I apologize for all grammar errors and run on sentences - on my meds and it looks good when I write it and then later - I can't believe I posted, lol.:dubious: My Surgeon - DR.S - also trained with the Dr from Sweden, he actually did the first autologous...
  4. Vintage barbie

    39 more Days...WOW!!!

    I'm only 40 and I'm 16 days post op and I can tell you it was the best decision. I first blew out my ACL, MCL, PCL and tore my medial meniscus when I was 13. For 27 years and 5 surgeries I have been bone on bone as that first surgery ended with removal of meniscus. Age doesn't matter, it is...
  5. Vintage barbie

    TKR ROM-chatter

    My best advice to you is take strongest prescribed dose for instance 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours, take 2 every 4 hours. I tried to be strong because I have never liked pain meds and am so fearful of addiction as I have many friends who have become that way sadly. After reading advice here, I am...
  6. Vintage barbie

    TKR 8 days post-op

    Hi all, I'm 40 and I had my TKR July 7, 2014. I am doing pretty good. I can walk without the walker and cane for short distances, went to a funeral all day yesterday and took crutches because I knew I would be standing most of the day but I made it through. I have flexion of 94 degrees and...
Back
Top Bottom