Recent content by Vinpetrol

  1. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    Yes I do have more swelling after the exercises , also if I’ve been on my feet a lot the stiffness is worse . Doing nothing makes both knees stiff and doing exercise also makes them stiff ! I don’t have any pain though . Just swelling and stiffness . The swelling is actually not as bad in the...
  2. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    I'm now 14 weeks sine left pkr. The catching feeling at the back of my knee has almost gone . I have a great bend but not so good extension just yet . I actually lost a couple of weeks out of my recovery progress as I needed to recover from a gall bladder removal that I needed in a hurry ! I am...
  3. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    This did help . Thanks for the tip
  4. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    im now 7.5 weeks post op. progress has been slower this time . Im still walking with a limp and sore without crutch so if I'm going outside the house I take crutch with me . I am feeling a catching at the back of my knee when I extend it out . It's most noticeable doing my exercises when I'm...
  5. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    Thanks Jockette I’m already thinking I will give the pool a swerve .
  6. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    Thanks for the advice . I will certainly bear that in mind
  7. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    2 weeks since op , Left knee movement is slowly improving now . I stopped taking Dihydrocodine as it really effected my appetite and bowels and left me feeling spaced out so I’m just using paracetamol now . I do feel a bit more pain but I can cope with that . I’m still struggling getting much...
  8. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    What type of partials are there ? I know it’s on my left leg and the inner section of my knee if that helps?
  9. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    Well I'm now 11 months since RTKR. On the whole it seems to have gone ok . I do still have some swelling that comes up like an egg on the front right of my knee. My surgeon says that this will improve if I strengthen the muscles in the front of my thigh. i have just had second knee done 5 days...
  10. V

    TKR Hey Jude knee replacement

    My doc told me no problem to be on the Dihydrocodine 3-4 weeks out of hospital if I needed it . I had weaned myself down to paracetamol after a week but he told me that the pain would come and go and to use the Dihydrocodine as I needed it
  11. V

    TKR 11 weeks out and I'm still icing

    Hi Holly Are things are improving for you now that you are back home ? Can I ask were you apprehensive about having the second knee done only 14 weeks after the first ? I’m in the same position and have had pre op so could get the call at anytime . I’m 6 weeks post op
  12. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    Seems this is to be expected then . It just sounds/feels a bit strange . There is no pain from it so I suppose it’s down the list of priorities!
  13. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    I will certainly heed what you say regarding have a partial done on the second knee . I was only keen for this as the surgeon said you recover faster but that would all be in vain if I needed to go back again in the future. I am still working age and work on construction sites so I think I will...
  14. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    I am elevating my knee above my heart for an hour or so each evening. I am managing to ice it about 4 times a day and doing a few chores around the house and a short walk if I’m not to sore . Thanks for the advice on the hot baths , I used to do this pre op after a hard day on my knees as I...
  15. V

    TKR 2nd June 2022 TKR

    Something else I forgot to mention (probably because it isn’t painful ! ) my new knee knocks . It does it when I walk or if I move my knee quickly left and right . Is this normal ? Will it ease as swelling goes down ? Thanks Vin
Back
Top Bottom