Recent content by Vic80

  1. Vic80

    TKR 8 days post op TKR... My recovery

    Thanks :) I do try to be positive! It does get hard to do, but Ive had knee problems since around 2001 and have used walking aids or my wheelchair and lately my gopher (scooter) for most of that time. So I am sort of used to the feelings that come along with it. My motto through that time is...
  2. Vic80

    TKR 8 days post op TKR... My recovery

    Here are some pics of my knee :)
  3. Vic80

    TKR 8 days post op TKR... My recovery

    Well I suppose using a walker is better than not being able to walk at all again! :) Just such a weird feeling... I keep looking at the leg and willing it to move, but nope, not yet :heehee: Ive been keeping hubby awake at night, luckily he doesn't have to work, as he is helping me, but I do...
  4. Vic80

    TKR TKR joint clicks

    I'm just on 10 days post op LTKR (6th Sept surgery date) and mine has started popping, loud enough to freak my teenage daughter out! Even when I do my ankle pumps, it pops. My knee also makes "gurgling" noises, when I massage it on the inside of the knee. My husband and daughters are calling it...
  5. Vic80

    TKR 8 days post op TKR... My recovery

    And here I am at 1am, another sleepless night for me! Another really annoying thing is that I feel like my leg is a dead weight! :rofsign: I have to lift it off the bed and back on the bed and to elevate it... Damned thing! But then when I put weight through it, it is surprisingly pain free...
  6. Vic80

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    LTKR, done on the 6th Sept, 45 staples!
  7. Vic80

    TKR 8 days post op TKR... My recovery

    Thanks heaps guys :D I went into this op with a good mindset, I read up on knee replacements and what to expect. Im only 37, I was one of the youngest TKR patients my OS has operated on. I have gone through so many surgeries, trying to lengthen the time for a TKR, but it finally came to the...
  8. Vic80

    TKR 8 days post op TKR... My recovery

    Here is my wound after they took my original dressing off to clean it up a bit.
  9. Vic80

    TKR 8 days post op TKR... My recovery

    Hi all! Thanks to everyone who gave me info on my original thread LTKR in disabled patient. Well I have had my Left knee replaced, on the 6th Sept. So Im 8 days post op now! Well what a whirlwind week!!! Im suffering really bad with swelling, it is minimising a lot of exercises that I could...
  10. Vic80

    LTKR in disabled patient!

    Wow! Thank you so much Celle for all the info! I will have a good read :D I will take my "scooter" to the hospital with me (a scooter here is like a skateboard with handles or a moped lol) I need it anyway to get there :) I understand about the weight bearing on my new knee :) I will still...
  11. Vic80

    LTKR in disabled patient!

    Thanks for the advice Josephine :) Good to hear your experience! There is so much conflicting advice out there! It might be a bit different for me, as I have EDS (Ehlers-Dalos syndrome) so have weakened/lax ligaments throughout my large joints and even my wrist, but they aren't to a point where...
  12. Vic80

    LTKR in disabled patient!

    Hi all :) Im new here! Please bear with me as my story is a book!!! Im from South Australia... I'm 37 and will be going in for my 1st TKR in a months time on my left knee. One of the youngest patients my OS has done this to. He is a highly regarded surgeon, who has trained under some...
Back
Top Bottom