Hello everyone!
It's been a while since I've checked in. I'm mostly back to regular life and activities. But I do have one issue/question:
My right knee is now 18 months post-surgery. (The left knee is 3 months behind that). What's strange is that the left knee is actually doing much...
I saw my surgeon today for my 1-year check of both knees - no sense doing 2 visits, so I just set up the appointment halfway between the 2 anniversaries. He said the x-rays looked great, and the knees were doing well! I went over the stiffness and pain I had been having, and the consensus was...
Thank you @Layla I haven't had a doctor actually say to me, you have arthritis in your hip. However, I've felt slight discomfort at times for years, but nothing that really worried me then. I had a CT before my knee surgeries, and that also showed my hips. In that report it noted that I had...
Hello again everyone,
An update and a question.
Good news! My insurance has approved my follow-up visit and the needed X-rays! So I am very happy and have made an appointment for September 11. My right knee will be 1 year old on August 9! Lefty will be 1 on November 1, so the doctor will...
Just a quick follow-up. I just spoke to the lady who handles the pre-authorizations. She was very nice and was already working on getting that filed. She didn't think it would be an issue to get it to go through using the continuity of care defense. So now I wait for the insurance company to...
Thanks @Flashlight I will have to look into that. I do know that my 6-week follow-up was billed to the insurance as well as for the x-rays for each of my knees. That's why I assumed my 1-year check would be as well. I'm currently waiting for a call back from the person that handles this stuff...
I messaged my insurance company to see what I needed to do. She did say that the doctor could send in a prior authorization request, and since this is for continuity of care, it should be approved. So hopefully my doctor is willing to do that.
Well, I am super frustrated! I just called my Ortho's office to make my 1 year appointment. I was told their whole practice has changed to a different owner and they no longer take my insurance!!! I can go in and pay myself, but who knows how much that will cost with x-rays, etc.
And with my...
Just a quick update - The pinching and pressure behind my kneecap seems to have resolved mostly. I'm not noticing it nearly as much. I'm thinking maybe it was some swelling from overdoing it one day, although I don't remember doing anything that aggravated it. LOL But I am out and about a...
Thank you, @benne68 for your comments! I'm glad to hear it's probably something normal. I will definitely keep an eye on things and call if it gets very painful!
Hello, everyone! It's been a while! I've been lurking and reading but just not posting since there really wasn't much to say. My recovery has been going well, the normal aches and pains but nothing unusual until now.
My right knee is now just over 10 months old, and my left knee, just over 7...
Thank you @Layla ! I thought it might just be inflammation, but it just started to have a different feeling, so I figured it doesn't hurt to ask!
I appreciate the help from everyone on this forum! And I have been recommending it to friends who are considering replacement surgery!
Hello all! I came on to post a question and saw the lovely well wishes from you @Layla Thank you so much!
I've been so fortunate to have had a great recovery and have been able to travel again without pain - as long as I don't overdo it! LOL
I did have one question about a weird sensation...
Hi everyone. I haven't posted much lately, but things have been going along well. Lefty was at 3 months yesterday and righty is just short of 6 months. I can definitely feel one is further along than the other, but the knees are feeling great with just some muscle tightness, especially on...
Thanks for the reply! I elevate pretty much whenever I'm sitting, but I've only been icing after I've had a long day, etc. I'll do that more often again and see if it helps!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.