Recent content by valencastillo

  1. V

    OATS - MACI Recovery diary

    Therapy was actually very gentle and not bad. But, unfortunately, it has been through the day it has been increasingly hurting. I spoke to my doctor, and he shared that sadly, with the MACI," where the cartilage generates an inflammatory reaction to the procedure performed." is "normal" and to...
  2. V

    OATS - MACI Recovery diary

    Patellofemoral, I believe. I am hopeful it will work! I will do everything in my power and follow all instructions
  3. V

    OATS - MACI Recovery diary

    Hello Guys, I figured I would give an update for anyone interested. I am one-week post op today. The surgery went smoothly, and I was discharged the same day and sent home. The first couple of days were honestly a blur; I was asleep 99% of the time. My doctor decided not to use a nerve...
  4. V

    2021 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    MACI on June 4th, just around the corner and I am terrified!
  5. V

    OATS -MACI MACI

    Hey guys, so after fighting the insurance for weeks, they decided not to cover the surgery. I am going to go ahead with it. Gratefully, I can afford the surgery so I will go through with it on June 4th. Any pointers? or tricks and things to prepare before surgery?
  6. V

    OATS -MACI MACI

    Surgery is may 26, the MACI
  7. V

    OATS -MACI MACI

    Hi, so the date is to be determined because I am switching doctors. My current doctor wants me to stay in PT and wait to see if I learn to live with my cartilage defect. After the arthroscopy, the diagnosis is a 2x4.5 cm cartilage damage stage 4. There is also Chondromalacia stage 2-3. I met...
  8. V

    OATS -MACI MACI

    Hey guys, I am getting the MACI surgery done soon. I am meeting with my doctor tomorrow to schedule surgery. We did the first procedure where he took the cartilage biopsy. When the surgery happened the doctor removed some floating bodies from my knee, he was hoping that the removal would...
Back
Top Bottom