Recent content by uktanny

  1. uktanny

    2026 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Hi Jockette! Aha yes I can see it’s different…I’ll see how I get on with the basic one first… is there a reduced payment for somebody that registered Disabled? Ta
  2. uktanny

    2026 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Hi, I have come back to this Brilliant Forum as I’m due to have my second Knee Replacement on 19th of February in the UK… I had my right knee done about 16 months ago… even though I know what is ahead of me… I’m being quite scared. I am now wondering whether my knee is bad enough… Because I have...
  3. uktanny

    TKR Uktanny’s Right TKR

    Hi sorry I’ve been away for a long time… I had my right knee replaced on the 13th of October last year… 2024… it hasn’t been easy… But no regrets… My scar is absolutely awful… But what can you do… I’m just staying grateful for that at least my knees and killing me all the time… That’s just the...
  4. uktanny

    TKR Uktanny’s Right TKR

    Hi, I hope I’m doing this right, as I always find it a bit difficult to understand the thread process… I had my rtkn 11.10.24 Well I will be three months soon in January… And wow this has been tough… Partly my own fault because my muscles in my glutes and thighs are really weak, but I think I’m...
  5. uktanny

    TKR Foot drop

    Yep!!! They rang me today and it’s on October 18
  6. uktanny

    TKR Foot drop

    Thanks, they said they would ring me this morning to see if they could pin down another date.. so feeling deflated, but a little bit relieved x
  7. uktanny

    TKR Foot drop

    Oh wow, thank you for remembering Layla. I was all due to go in for 7 am tomorrow morning, and then had a telephone call from my hospital at about 5 pm saying that it has been cancelled! Due to shortages of operative staff. The lady is going to give me a ring back in the morning and see if she...
  8. uktanny

    TKR Mako TKR

    Hi Jaccey and everyone, I can’t remember how to properly answer on here… I’ve got a brain tumour and I get so muddled up. But hopefully this is right. After my last message I’ve actually now received a phone call to say that my surgery is definitely on the 1st of October and that I have an...
  9. uktanny

    TKR Mako TKR

    Hi… My current Surgeon can no longer do me as he only does private surgeries now, and originally I was just turned down on my BMI being too high… Which it isn’t actually at all now, but I have a brain tumour and so will have it done at my NHS hospital, Queen Alexandra. I’m so worried I have been...
  10. uktanny

    Surgeon choice?

    Hello I did that, I did see Mr Rushbrook privately, but as soon as he found out that I was already on the waiting list and was saying under different orthopaedic surgeon he quickly wiped his hands with me and said that I am already under a team… So now I’m under a surgeon that I know nothing...
  11. uktanny

    TKR Foot drop

    Thank you… I find it a little hard to follow the threads. I know you are only supposed to have one. I’ve had two hip replacements and this site was invaluable! I have a brain tumour, so I get muddled up very easily!
  12. uktanny

    TKR Foot drop

    Good morning soldiers… I haven’t had my Neighbour placement yet, but I’m wondering about foot drop… Has anybody experienced it, and does it get better? Thank you
  13. uktanny

    Questions to ask surgeon at appointment re upcoming knee replacement

    Morning! Can you h elp me with some questions that I should be asking or thinking about when I see my surgeon… Hopefully about a fourth coming total knee replacement. I’m feeling overwhelmed, have a brain tumour and can’t think straight My appt is 8.50 am today! Thanks
  14. uktanny

    Surgeon choice?

    Hi… My name is Tan and I have finally decided for good that I need this knee replaced, my knees are terribly knock knead and even trip me up, has anybody heard of the Surgeon, Mr Jeremy Rushbrook? I was originally being seen by Mr Nial Flynn, he was so so lovely and specialised in these, but...
  15. uktanny

    TKR Mako TKR

    Hi JaceyI weighed again this morning… And I’m definitely only have to lose 5 lb, so I’m going to get that ball rolling. I have an operation on the 6th of February to have a gastric band removed, and then after that I’m going to get everything sorted… The Mets are keeping me safe! So very...
Back
Top Bottom